Can I get the following genes tested for mutations in Thailand? MTHFR, MTRR, MTR, AHCY, COMT

LoveLanna

Hello all,

I live in Vietnam, but visit Thailand a couple of times a year. I saw the dude who got Dana White's health back on track on Joe Rogan, and he strongly recommended getting the following genes tested for mutations: MTHFR, MTRR, MTR, AHCY, COMT

I will be in Chiang Mai in December, and Bangkok next April -- so am wondering if it is possible to have these genes tested in one, or both, of these locations?

Thanks in advance!

I could be wrong, but I think if you get one of these DNA tests done where you get a saliva sample and send it away, then you get some raw data back which you can send to another company online and it will analyse and tell you which gene mutations you have etc. You might need to send the DNA sample to the States - but you should be able to do this from anywhere in the world. I looked in to this a while ago and if I remember right, you send off a sample of your DNA to a company like 23AndMe and then when you get your raw data back from them, you forward that to a company like SeekingHealth which looks at it and sends you back a report back outlining all your gene mutations (along with what they mean and suggestions to deal with them through diet and lifestyle).

Maybe I'm wrong but it's my understanding that for DNA testing even Bangkok hospitals will send their samples to mahidol for testing.

If I were you I would first contact a lab such as mlab in Pattaya or andalab in Phuket. That will probably be over their heads. Then I'd try mahidol directly.

They took about a month to do my DNA testing. However, mine needed to be done for medical reasons and was with a reference from BKK hospital. Not sure how you would go with your request.

Could contain:

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2023 at 2:09 PM, sikishrory said:

Maybe I'm wrong but it's my understanding that for DNA testing even Bangkok hospitals will send their samples to mahidol for testing.

If I were you I would first contact a lab such as mlab in Pattaya or andalab in Phuket. That will probably be over their heads. Then I'd try mahidol directly.

They took about a month to do my DNA testing. However, mine needed to be done for medical reasons and was with a reference from BKK hospital. Not sure how you would go with your request.

Could contain:

Thanks! What an awesome lead!