Flight leaves Monday but embassy hasn't issued METV yet

Hi All,

I applied for an METV in late September but the Thai embassy in Canada is behind schedule in processing applications.  I have yet to receive the visa but my flight leaves on Monday.  If it not issued before arrival in BKK, should I simply try to enter Thailand on a 30-day visa exemption and then activate the visa by leaving the country and then re-entering within 30 days after that?  Will the visa still be valid in that event?

Advice welcome.

Thanks!

Thanks.  Actually, I just received it 10 minutes ago. What a relief! 

But maybe the lesson here is to submit the application well before the suggested time by the embassy.  Originally, the website recommended 20 business days before departure so I decided to play it safe by applying 30 business days before.  But when I checked on my application after 20 business days, I noticed the website recommendation had been changed to 25 business days before departure.  As it happened the visa was eventually issued 30 business days after application.  

Edited by ultramarine
  • Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, ultramarine said:

As it happened the visa was eventually issued 30 business days after application

Thanks for the info.  I submitted my application for a SETV October 29th, also from Canada, and Ottawa is processing it.  Site said 25 business days. Fingers crossed they ain't too backlogged..  My flight leaves Canada January 9th.

• Like 1