AND: Your Favorite GO-TO Bach Pianist for Thesis Editing IS???

GammaGlobulin

Dear Friends,

Anytime I need to edit a 150-page MA Thesis, there is only one pianist in this world that helps me to reach the 6th Chapter....

The MA Thesis is divided into SIX PARTS, usually, As you might know.

By the time I reach the Conclusion, the concluding chapter, I often feel like vomiting.

Most MA Theses are no better than your average feces, in fact.

Even a PhD Thesis is no better than white dog feces, .... as my fellow alumnus, Musk, has often stated, correctly.

The Thesis was never intended to be anything more than a boring exercise to teach budding research students how to do research, and how to publish said research WITH STYLE, and Class.

Therefore, when someone like me edits one of these theses, it is understood that, after the thesis is published, the thesis will never again see the light of day.

Far better just to trash it.

The exception, maybe, was Crick's PhD Thesis on DNA.... But Crick was a genius, and so was the woman who did the XRAY crystallography work, without which Crick and Watson would NEVER have been able to publish what they did.

So, back to the Heading of this Topic:

There is ONLY ONE woman for me, when doing any editing, writing, or housework, such as mopping my floors:

ANGELA HEWITT is a very gifted pianist with a unique interpretation of JS Bach.

I agree that Richter does better with the WTC.

But, in most cases, Hewitt is the girl for me.

I love her hands.

So dainty, and so skilled.

With such dainty hands, I bet she would give a good HJ, too.

And, no doubt she has.

Maybe she even has given head, once or twice.

Truly, Hewitt is a MARVEL.

I guess I have listened to at least a THOUSAND hours of Hewitt during my Thesis Editing Days.

Thank the Lord, my thesis editing days are now over.

I cannot take the torture, any longer.

I am not as young as I once was, several years ago.

So, anyway, I often choose Hewitt's Goldberg Variations, and even her WTC Book One and Book Two, and also a few other long Bach pieces that she has recorded.

Here she is in her full glory.... And, what do you think?

Is she the Cat's Meow, or WHAT???

Regards,

The Globule

Note:  When I do an ESL Thesis Edit, I do not just edit it....  I completely REWRITE it!!!!  (Haha)  I know that I shouldn't, according to academic standards.  But, I don't give a ....   (Nobody cares in Thailand, anyway, if I just completely rewrite the whole nonsensical thesis to make more sense.  It's more fun for me, this way, anyway.....)

Angela Hewett is a true Angel of JS Bach's creation....

56 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

met a guy who studied at oxford

By the way...

Do you never sleep?

You are always posting, at any odd hour of the day or night.

Personally, I have a valid reason for being UP at this hour...

I have just spent six hours trying to determine why the scanner light does not turn on in BOTH my Canon 210 and 220 scanners.

I think the problem might be that the USB port from my PCs are now failing to provide enough power to activate the scanner light, even though the scanners both make the scanning sound, and seem to be working correctly, mechanically speaking.

It's just the light that will not turn on.  And all scan results come out TOTALLY BLACK.

Maybe I need a new motherboard, but I think not.

I think I just need a better cable to ensure enough juice is getting from the PC to the scanners.

THIS is why I am not yet in bed for the night, Sir.

What is YOUR excuse?

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I think I just need a better cable to ensure enough juice is getting from the PC to the scanners.

No, this is not the problem.

The problem is that there is not enough juice from the USB ports on my desktop PCs.

When I connect both scanners to my very old laptop computer, a cheap one at that, both scanners work flawlessly.

My old desktops, it seems, are just not providing enough umph to the Canon scanners.

This is what happens when some guys get old.

They do their best, when they stick it in to their GF's socket....BUT.....

Their GFs no longer LIGHT UP like they once did when their old men were just a few years younger.

Personally, I can still recall the good old days, when I was once able to hump my GF for Three Hours Straight, non-stop.

My GFs loved it, and their boxes would tighten up, the more I pumped.

Now that I am old, I prefer Angela Hewitt, any old day.

But when I was younger, and when I could hump for hours, I preferred music like....

Hope you can dig it....

When you are humping away....

That thing just gets tighter....and tighter....and TIGHTER....

Those were the days.

Those were the tighter days....

DIG......

I usually play ."I Can Dance"  by Leo Sayer 

I find it much more soothing and intellectually stimulating 

and it's true! the man can dance. I learned all of my dancing moves from this video. 

Edited by sirineou
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, Prubangboy said:

Bruce Willis

I once heard that Bruce Willis often walked on his private beach, naked, exposing his shortcomings.

And, one of his neighbors left him a note to this effect, on his doorstep.

Bruce enjoyed walking naked on the beach, as far as I know.

Tighten Up is an amazingly riveting tune...

A tune to rivet by....even....

17 minutes ago, Prubangboy said:

humming all day

If you really want some tune to hum all day....

Then, try this:

Reminds one of the good old days when the Vietnam war was just beginning to heat up for REAL...

Such good times.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

Although I love to listen to classical music, I've never been a big fan of J S Bach. A few pieces I do enjoy, but most of his music I find boring. A good composer in my humble opinion is one whose entire works I can listen to over and over ie Mozart, Beethoven, Schubert, Mendelssohn, Sibelius to mention a few. I keep returning to old JS, but can't seem to get on with him.

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

He didn't write one.  His Ph.D. thesis was titled "Polypeptides and proteins: X-ray studies".

Correct.

Somehow, I must have been thinking of the Nature article.

Still, Crick's thesis was more meaningful than most feces produced these days.

On 11/12/2023 at 12:41 PM, GammaGlobulin said:

I love her hands.

So dainty, and so skilled.

With such dainty hands, I bet she would give a good HJ, too.

And, no doubt she has.

Maybe she even has given head, once or twice.

A Canadian, Angela (as her name suggests) is as pure as the driven snow.  Not in your most pervy dreams  would she be capable of using her hands (let alone her mouth) for those jobs you fantasize about.

Now Yuja Wang is another story altogether.   (But I've never heard her play Bach....I was concentrating too much on her naked legs.)

1 hour ago, blazes said:

A Canadian, Angela (as her name suggests) is as pure as the driven snow.  Not in your most pervy dreams  would she be capable of using her hands (let alone her mouth) for those jobs you fantasize about.

Now Yuja Wang is another story altogether.   (But I've never heard her play Bach....I was concentrating too much on her naked legs.)

You are ENTIRELY correct about Hewitt.

She is a true angel of the keyboards.

And, listening to her play the works that she has practiced to perfection has improved my life, as well as the lives of so many others around the world.

She also always dresses to perfection.

Everything about her is so..... angelic, IMHO.

Thanks for your expression of thoughts similar to mine.

I have been listening to her JS Bach interpretations for many years....

Pure bliss.

Tks!