Non o visa extend to live with my son(not married)

I have thai son,

my name is on his birth certificate,

but  I am not married with thai wife, i am single. 

now I stay in thailand with Non O immigrant visa 3months,

to feed my son.

I found an info I can extend this visa for up to 1 year, 

Is it really possible?

also found visa agency do it on behalf of me, 

how much is the price and is it legal? 

if possible I want to extend it by myself but i dont know how

Edited by asia123
  • Thumbs Up 1

The fee for application is 1,900Baht.

18.Visa Extension - In the case of being a family member of a Thai national

In the case of being a family member of a Thai national (applicable only to parents, spouse, children,
adopted children, or spouse’s children):

Criteria for Consideration

The alien must have been granted a non-immigrant visa (NON-IM).

The alien must have proof of relationship.

In the case of spouse, the relationship must be de jure and de facto; or

In the case of children, adopted children, or spouse’s children, said children, adopted children,
or spouse’s children must not be married, must live with the alien as part of the family, and must not
be over 20 years of age; or

In the case of parents, the father or mother must maintain an average annual income of no less
than Baht 40,000 per month throughout the year or must have deposited funds of no less than Baht
400,000 to cover expenses for one year.
For other necessary cases, the Commissioner or Deputy Commissioner of Immigration Bureau
is granted the authority to make decisions regarding approval on a case-by-case basis.

Edited by Lite Beer

What is the age of your son? Are you on good terms with the mother?

If you can legalise your status as the boy's father, and have 400,000 baht in a Thai bank account in your name only, receiving an extension of your permission to stay based on your Thai son is doable.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, BritTim said:

If you can legalise your status as the boy's father, and have 400,000 baht in a Thai bank account in your name only, receiving an extension of your permission to stay based on your Thai son is doable.

age is 1 and yes our relationship is good. 

I am not legal father so i cant extend my visa?

2.24 In the case of visiting a spouse or children who are of Thai nationality: Permission shall be granted for one time and no more than 60 days

(1) There must be proof of relationship. (2) In the case of spouse, the relationship must be de jure and de facto.

16 hours ago, BritTim said:

How does the OP legalize his status? Also OP what province are you in. ?

5 hours ago, asia123 said:

age is 1 and yes our relationship is good. 

5 hours ago, brianthainess said:

How does the OP legalize his status?

When the child is only one-year old, the only ways to legalise are by (i) marrying the mother (which I assume you do not want to do); or (ii) by petitioning the court. The latter is not as daunting as it sounds, but does take some time. If you can afford it, use a family lawyer to simplify matters.

6 hours ago, asia123 said:

If I only have my name on birth certificate, not legal father, how many days i can extend?

The immigration office might give you the 60-day extension to visit your son, based on the birth certificate and both the child and the mother being with you. That is the absolute maximum you can expect.

I think (sure) something is lost in translation, for OP.

This is the 3'rd thread OP created, about the same topic, since September.

@asia123  Where you stay?

Go to a agent, ask there, maybe when you talk face to face you will understand all.

Good luck.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, BritTim said:

The immigration office might give you the 60-day extension to visit your son, based on the birth certificate and both the child and the mother being with you. That is the absolute maximum you can expect.

Some agents have said they can extend this visa for one year for around 40,000 Baht. Is this not a regular method?

This is not precisely the same topic. What I want to know is whether it's possible to easily obtain a one-year visa on my own without going through an agent if I legalize it. Additionally, agents claim that just a birth certificate is enough to get a one-year visa.

2 minutes ago, asia123 said:

This is not precisely the same topic. What I want to know is whether it's possible to easily obtain a one-year visa on my own without going through an agent if I legalize it. Additionally, agents claim that just a birth certificate is enough to get a one-year visa.

An agent will use certain dodgy methods to circumvents the rules. Including bribes.

If you qualify you should have no problems doing it yourself.

2 hours ago, asia123 said:

Some agents have said they can extend this visa for one year for around 40,000 Baht. Is this not a regular method?

That is a controversial question. It can be argued that a senior official can decide what constitutes reasonable proof, and could find reasonable grounds (such as the time needed to get legalisation through the courts) as justification for waiving commonly required proof. In that situation, it might be necessary to have a well connected person to argue your case. On the other hand, there will obviously be suspicions that financial incentives are being used to influence the official's decision. That, in itself, would not be sufficient to invalidate the extension, but it would render it morally questionable.