Kiwi band from the 1970s

bignok

36 minutes ago, Prubangboy said:

I do recall that the tall ginger woman from The Thompson Twins moved to NZ, but I think that she left by now.

Alannah Currie was born in Auckland. Did return to NZ after she married Chris Bailey in 1991 when the Thompson Twins were a duo. Couple of kids. Gave up music and moved into glass casting in Auckland. Divorced Chris in early 2000's and moved to UK. Lives in London and currently married to Jimmy Cauty of The KLF.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, theshu25 said:

Loved Steve gilpin,great singer.

He was a winner on NZ's New Faces in the early 70's.

Absolute party animal. Settled around Mullumbimby, unfortunately killed in a car accident just over 30 years ago. Great shame.

10 hours ago, Bobthegimp said:

It must be love, because those fools burned a million £ on a small island somewhere off the coast of Scotland (?). 

I reckon it was all a publicity stunt. They used a low resolution camera in a darken room. I know Banking laws were different back in 1995 in terms of how much you could take out. Couldn't do that in Thailand as you'll be up on a 112 charge.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RayWright said:

Alannah Currie was born in Auckland. Did return to NZ after she married Chris Bailey in 1991...

Mea culpa. Meant to write Tom Bailey not Chris Bailey. Chris Bailey was the founder of The Saints, another great band.

Hated Split Enz, and every cover artist on Let's Go or whatever it was called with Peter Sinclair. Alison Durbin makes me nauseous.

I did like Peter Posa and The Hamilton County Bluegrass band though.

Meanwhile over the ditch they had the wonderful Seekers with the magnificent voice of Judith Durham, and many others ( some of which may have been Kiwis escaping NZ to actually be able to earn a few bob ).