How to open an account online without going to the branch ?

2 hours ago, ExpatO said:

They can not help... they want me to come to thailand to activate the app. I have nothing to do there, I don't feel like traveling to Thailand to activate an app. But I need an account to be able to do instant transfer for my son

You will have to visit Thailand. Online account opening facility is only for Thais with an ID card

23 minutes ago, chuang said:

Easy..if you are in Singapore open a account with DBS, apply for a digital on-line banking...then use it to transfer o account in Thailand... it's called DBS Remit... it's instant..no fees.

Thanks, I'm not in Singapore, I just checked and it's for residents only.

14 minutes ago, ExpatO said:

I send 200 per day, if I send more his mum just steals the money.

If you use western union it's him that collects, not his mum.

Why don't you send him enough for the month in one go, sending an amount daily makes no sense if you don't have online banking where it's free.

Why don't you tell him to open his own bank account so his mum can't steal it from him?

2 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

If you use western union it's him that collects, not his mum.

Why don't you send him enough for the month in one go, sending an amount daily makes no sense if you don't have online banking where it's free.

Why don't you tell him to open his own bank account so his mum can't steal it from him?

He has his own account, his mum takes his phone and transfers to her own account. Last time I sent him 5000 and it was all gone.

Just now, ExpatO said:

He has his own account, his mum takes his phone and transfers to her own account. Last time I sent him 5000 and it was all gone.

so send him 5000 by western union, you seem to be making this very complicated when it doesn't need to be.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1