Opening a new international bank account in USA or outside Thailand with Thai address?

I have an account at Global Citi but it costs 25USD a month, no minimum balance, for just holding my money. There are some advantages as I can do free ACH wire transfers from it at least and it keeps my funds I don't need in Thailand offshore. So any other choices like this perhaps less than 25USD month fees or is that par for the course these days? I already have free Wise accounts but they don't always get allowed for transferring funds to brokers so looking at real bricks and mortar type banks?

What do you use in this case? I am non US passport.

Edited by WorriedNoodle
  • Like 1

Have you look into Interactive Brokers and Charles Schwab International account?

Interactive Brokers account has no minimum to open  and no monthly fee. First withdrawal of the month is free and it can be wire transfer or ACH, after the first it's $1 per ACH and $10 per wire. Thai address is acceptable and you can receive OTP on a Thai phone number.

You can transfer from Wise to IB if this youtube video content is true:

Edited by Thailand J

On 11/15/2023 at 2:18 AM, Thailand J said:

You can transfer from Wise to IB if this youtube video content is true

You definitely can transfer from Wise to IBKR, and vice versa.  In my experience, Wise to IBKR is very quick, but IBKR to Wise takes a few days.  That's for GBP.  Other currencies may be different.

• Like 1