Women and Thailand expert discusses the misconceptions about Thai women.

Goat

12 hours ago, ericthai said:

Also, it doesn't matter if the girl works in a bar or not, she can still be a gold digger. 

My western partner was a well respected head of a charity, and everyone she knew loved her.

She ignored her children in pursuit of her career and took me to the cleaners ( at least she certainly cleaned me out ) when I walked away from her.

She wasn't a "gold digger" as I had no gold, but she still took my nice car, and my house that I loved.

Compared to her, bargirls were saints.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, ericthai said:

sadly he he still doesn't understand Pattaya and why allot of guys come to Thailand.

Also, it doesn't matter if the girl works in a bar or not, she can still be a gold digger. 

I've had several friends marry a bar girl and have had great relationships.

I've had a few friends that married an office girl and got taken to the cleaners.  so, as anywhere in the world it depends on the girl, not where she works.

These guys come to Thailand and after 2-3 years they think they know everything and believe they are an expert..lol

True

Bloggers are just people with an opinion, it doesn't really mean anything. People just say stuff and a very small percentage of them are wise and truly knowledgeable.

So one just needs to ignore the nonsense. 

There are many really outstanding women in this country. In my opinion they outshine where I come from by a long shot, so anyone who has these generalized opinions is just blabbering away, that's all they're doing. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

While that is about as arrogant as a farang can get, the Thais are the better for not "conforming" to the western ideal, which is IMO rotten to the core.

i'm a little confused. i don't see where he was talking about conforming at all. in fact it says it no where in his post. only you said it. 

his points are quite valid for having a discussion and you glossed over it quite nice. bravo on the deflection. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, stoner said:

i'm a little confused. i don't see where he was talking about conforming at all. in fact it says it no where in his post. only you said it. 

his points are quite valid for having a discussion and you glossed over it quite nice. bravo on the deflection. 

He was too dismissive of Thais for my liking, and by implication was saying western culture is superior, which IMO is completely incorrect. Thailand was better before it became consumed by western garbage culture.

silk originated in china

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_silk

massage originates from india

https://florida-academy.edu/history-of-massage-therapy/

food - most of it is scraps and garbage thrown together as a means of survival.

muay thai - most of this was taken from cambodia.

Load of nonsense. Muay Thai fighters are superior to Cambodia.

It comes from Muay Boran.

Thai massage is better than Indian massage.

Thai silk is no 1.

• Haha 2

not sure i can agree with a caste system (pretty much) as being better. now today but for much of its past i mean. 

West is boring. Poms invented lots of sports but suck at them. So inventing stuff doesnt mean much.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, bignok said:

Load of nonsense. Muay Thai fighters are superior to Cambodia.

It comes from Muay Boran.

Thai massage is better than Indian massage.

Thai silk is no 1.

load of nonsense what ? 

thai did not contribute any of those things to the world. they took them and adapted them sure but the origins are not thai as you implicated. 

muay boran is not the origins of muay thai.  thailand borrowed most of the style from cambodian origins. read a little. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

not sure i can agree with a caste system (pretty much) as being better. now today but for much of its past i mean. 

The west has a caste system, that doesn't look like a caste system. Only opt out if don't care about being part of the sheeple.

In England I had the misfortune to have to spend a day with a "lord" and had to bite my tongue to not say the wrong thing.

• Haha 1

Just now, stoner said:

load of nonsense what ? 

thai did not contribute any of those things to the world. they took them and adapted them sure but the origins are not thai as you implicated. 

muay boran is not the origins of muay thai.  thailand borrowed most of the style from cambodian origins. read a little. 

You are posting rubbish. Inventing stuff doesnt mean much. Thais perfected several things.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, stoner said:

load of nonsense what ? 

LOL. Everything human started in Africa as that is where humans originated, so everything is "borrowed" somewhere along the line.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, stoner said:

load of nonsense what ? 

Here you go clown

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muay_boran

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. Everything human started in Africa as that is where humans originated, so everything is "borrowed" somewhere along the line.

this makes 0 sense. 

humans started in africa yes. everything human ? good grief what a silly comment. 

• Thumbs Up 1