Non Imm Multi O and onward travel

I'm at Heathrow and checked in with Malaysian Airlines, my return ticket is in April.

Lady asked for onward travel within 90 days. After a heated discussion she got the manager who sang the same song so had to buy a disposable ticket.

This ticket was for 2nd Feb but the company showed it 2/5/2024...more problems until the eticket was emailed to me.  I am now in departures.

Be warned and I'd be interested if anyone else has had this problem.

I know about onward travel on visa excempt but not on O visas.

See you all soon.

• Thanks 1

I stopped over in Istanbul en route to BKK and had a similar problem with Turkish Airlines. I was questioned at check-in re my return date which is in March. Fortunately, they accepted my explanation about extending visa.

If airlines allow a passenger to travel when they shouldn't, and the passenger is subsequently refused entry at the destination, the airline has to foot the bill, hence the caution. 

Tbh I'm surprised that these incidents don't happen more often.

16 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Normally an onward flight would be required in the visa application.

Not for an Non O E-visa in the UK, you are required to provide intended date of arrival, flight number and length of stay, that is all.

Done 2 visas in the last 18 months and not provided any flight details.

Evidence of leaving the country within 30 days is a requirement of the Visa Exemption Agreement, there is no such requirement for visas.

I have run into a similar problem with a re-entry permit. Can be quite difficult if you come up against a "Jobsworth".