Health Authorities Warn PM2.5 Air Pollution Poses Health Risks

snoop1130

1700712607_467620-tnamcot-768x402.png

BANGKOK, Nov 23 (TNA) – The Department of Medical Sciences, through the Central Chest Institute of Thailand alerts that PM2.5 fine particulate matter in the air poses significant health risks, especially when exposure is continuous.

Dr. Veerawut Imsamran, Deputy Director of the Department of Medical Sciences, disclosed that PM2.5, particles exceeding the standard limits, is an air pollutant that poses a danger to health, easily entering the body through the respiratory system. Prolonged or high levels of exposure can have severe short-term and long-term health impacts.

Full story: Thai News Agency 2023-11-23

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

disclosed that PM2.5, particles exceeding the standard limits, is an air pollutant that poses a danger to health, easily entering the body through the respiratory system. Prolonged or high levels of exposure can have severe short-term and long-term health impacts.

Maybe, just maybe, the Chinese are monitoring pollution and not coming - maybe polluted China is less risk that polluted Thailand ? 

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

BANGKOK, Nov 23 (TNA) – The Department of Medical Sciences, through the Central Chest Institute of Thailand alerts that PM2.5 fine particulate matter in the air poses significant health risks, especially when exposure is continuous.

Blah blah blah blah... 

• Confused 2
  • Agree 2

37 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Blah blah blah blah... 

And if those authorities concerned with the problem had a "Hot Line" to allow reporting of offenders/locations maybe they could target places and take action. But that would mean leaving their a/c office and the bla bla bla but no action. TIT.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I just on Wednesday got out of 2 nights in hospital for something that started as a late night crisis and was diagnosed as a lung infection (combined with an all day case of diarrhea which was simply a food poisoning that weakened me enough that the infection came to the fore, or perhaps a symptom of the infection). In other words, a mild pneumonia, caused by bacteria. I'm recovering. They told me it was good that I hadn't waited til morning to come to ER. In the x-ray my lower right lung is clearly different from the rest. 

Today the aqi station nearest me in Bangkok reads 54, better than most of the city. The nearest station to my home in Berkeley reads 10 right now. And the contrast will no doubt be getting worse.