The west is so boring

bignok

On 11/24/2023 at 11:27 AM, Lacessit said:

I got back from 6 months in Australia in September, I could feel myself relaxing as I flew into Bangkok.

In Oz, I was reduced to wearing three layers of clothing, and watching reruns of The Big Bang Theory.

Turn the TV off and go out and do something!

On 11/29/2023 at 8:10 AM, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Put it together and both places have stuff to offer but life in Thailand can seem more fun if only for 6 months a year. 

I moved here from The Blue Ridge Mountains, USA. I had every good thing of that life: a nice house, the four seasons, living in a deep forest, organic gardening, family.

I now live in very touristic Nimman, Chiang Mai with one suitcase of possessions. I'm 1,000% happier. I just had to much of a mono-good thing in the states. I love this life where I can have every last thing when I want it, and have people cleaning, laundering, driving me for peanuts.

To be in a place where most people you meet are either blissed out on vacation or restarting their life gives me a huge lift -partic. after being stuck in a town that was literally dying. 20% of my county RIP from Covid. Crazy ranting at me for wearing a mask in Walmart.

They're now all in a grave; I feel like I was dug up from one.

• Like 1