Forum Problems

MangoKorat

Since the big blackout of 11/2023 are there any changes with ownership, personnel or policy?

I notice George is now a Root Admin and has attained Legendary status. We also have at least one Grand Master, although I'm not sure if that is with AN or something like D&D!

8 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Since the big blackout of 11/2023 are there any changes with ownership, personnel or policy?

I notice George is now a Root Admin and has attained Legendary status. We also have at least one Grand Master, although I'm not sure if that is with AN or something like D&D!

Off topic

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

Off topic

As a mere Silver member, you are at least 5 ranks below my Star status. You may be reaching for it, but you don't get to censure someone who is already way over your head. There are people paid to do that.

Incidentally. your topic would have been more appropriately placed in Forum Support. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone still having issues with even getting the AN web site to open .....  takes at least 5 minutes on my PC .....   then after opening,  if I want to search a topic it's another 5 minutes ...... 

Also ,   the right side arrow to top is still missing .....

Any update or progress from IT or anyone ...    ???

Thanks ...

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, mstevens said:

Yep, running super slow here too. George said to be patient and it would speed up but that has not been my experience at all. When it came back online it was slow and it's still slow now, no change whatsoever.

I find it much, much better than just after the outage. You might try a different browser, clearing your cache, etc.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, mstevens said:

Yep, running super slow here too. George said to be patient and it would speed up but that has not been my experience at all. When it came back online it was slow and it's still slow now, no change whatsoever.

Running as fast as it ever did before the issues on my laptop and phone.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

Is anyone still having issues with even getting the AN web site to open .....  takes at least 5 minutes on my PC .....   then after opening,  if I want to search a topic it's another 5 minutes ...... 

Everything opens more or less instantly on my laptop and my Android phone. 

I agree about the "Up" button and the "Delete notifications" facility should be back to avoid constantly having 25 notifications showing.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 11/24/2023 at 6:59 PM, Old Croc said:
On 11/24/2023 at 6:36 PM, MangoKorat said:

Off topic

As a mere Silver member, you are at least 5 ranks below my Star status. You may be reaching for it, but you don't get to censure someone who is already way over your head.

"...you don't get to censure..."

The irony.  Neither do you!   

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

As it is a question of speed there could be a few reasons for it.

1. The network devices are under rated for the traffic it has to handle or

2. the system uses networks for the transmission, e.g. AIS, DTAC etc., and there could be undersized.

As it isn't a question of speed, would those circumstances also account for AN being fast as fck on my devices, no tardiness now, at all?  Why do I seem to be getting special treatment from the "speed" supplier?

Edited by Liverpool Lou

Just now, Liverpool Lou said:

Would those circumstances also account for AN being fast as fck on my devices, no slowness now, at all?

Depends on useage of the interconnecting network. I go to the same site as you and my route will probably different to yours. Some networks are fast others not so much.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:
5 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Would those circumstances also account for AN being fast as fck on my devices, no slowness now, at all?

Depends on useage of the interconnecting network. I go to the same site as you and my route will probably different to yours. Some networks are fast others not so much.

Thanks for explaining that, I, mistakenly, thought that you were on the bandwagon of blaming Asean Now, the organisation, for the site's being slow.  My apologies.

27 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

As it is a question of speed there could be a few reasons for it.

1. The network devices are under rated for the traffic it has to handle or

2. the system uses networks for the transmission, e.g. AIS, DTAC etc., and there could be undersized.

Or, 3. The VPS running the platform is seriously humping to rebuild the site's metadata and such, which takes cycles away from feeding pages.

10 hours ago, steven100 said:

Any update or progress from IT or anyone ...    ???

Thanks ...

Very few problems opening the site now. However, one ongoing problem is that once the site is open and I go to 'notifications' - clicking on particular notifications produces nothing.  If I close the site and re-open it, it works, every time. So now the norm for me is to open the site, close it and then re-open. Its as if something doesn't fully load the first time.

On 11/24/2023 at 11:59 AM, Old Croc said:

As a mere Silver member, you are at least 5 ranks below my Star status. You may be reaching for it, but you don't get to censure someone who is already way over your head. There are people paid to do that.

1. You missed the joke

2. I really don't give a damn about anybody's status - do you think people even notice that?

12 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Bit slow on the uptake as usual Lou!

and:

Considering most of your posts on the forum consists of quoting others and censuring them, a massive hypocritical comment!

Edited by Old Croc
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

7 hours ago, Old Croc said:
14 hours ago, MangoKorat said:

1. You missed the joke

2. I really don't give a damn about anybody's status - do you think people even notice that?

I missed the joke!!!  :cheesy:

You weren't joking, Croc, if you were, you hid the humour perfectly. You're just trying to wriggle out of your own hideous pomposity.

7 hours ago, Old Croc said:
19 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Bit slow on the uptake as usual Lou!

and:

Considering most of your posts on the forum consists of quoting others and censuring them, a massive hypocritical comment!

No, I got the meaning of your pompous post, hence my comment.  By the way, my quoting another poster and offering my opinion is not "censuring", what you did is censuring...you may need to look it up.