Israel is at War - General discussion (pt2)

CharlieH

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

I am not an expert on Hamas, what on Earth makes you say that? 

You're not an expert of Israel (or on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict) and it doesn't stop you from posting a whole lot about it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Morch said:

Of course you did, and of course that was the correct interpretation. After all, who wouldn't trust your comments?

You get very personal with your comments. I've told you before to show where I have lied or stop these flames.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Morch said:

You're not an expert of Israel (or on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict) and it doesn't stop you from posting a whole lot about it.

I didn't know one had to be an expert to post about Israel. 

I am on this thread to learn, and have learned a lot about Israel, especially the discrimination the show to non-jews. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Morch said:

You lie on many posts, and when confronted you either deflect, or go behind your 'ignore' shield.

Show me one. You have never responded to this request, yet continually call me a liar. This is well out of order. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

From Agnès Callamard, Amnesty International’s Secretary General

For 16 years, Israel’s illegal blockade has made Gaza the world’s biggest open-air prison – the international community must act now to prevent it becoming a giant graveyard.

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2023/10/damning-evidence-of-war-crimes-as-israeli-attacks-wipe-out-entire-families-in-gaza/

7 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

From Agnès Callamard, Amnesty International’s Secretary General

For 16 years, Israel’s illegal blockade has made Gaza the world’s biggest open-air prison – the international community must act now to prevent it becoming a giant graveyard.

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2023/10/damning-evidence-of-war-crimes-as-israeli-attacks-wipe-out-entire-families-in-gaza/

Yawn.

Was the blockade always in place?

Did placing the Gaza Strip under the blockade had something to do with Hamas actions? Agenda?

Is Israel the only country maintaining this blockade?

You post links for the headlines value. You cannot actually comment anything meaningful on the content. Doubt you even bother reading most of what you link.

1 minute ago, Morch said:

How would you know? You had me on 'ignore' on and off for quite a while.

I have actually confronted many of of your posts - the bulk would be on past recent topics, including the previous main one (now locked).

I had you blocked before this thread. Show me one. Shouldn't be hard if there are many. You obviously have all the time in the world. 

I'll keep you unblocked unless you can't show me any of my posts, or any of yours confronting me about what you think is a lie. 

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

I had you blocked before this thread. Show me one. Shouldn't be hard if there are many. You obviously have all the time in the world. 

I'll keep you unblocked unless you can't show me any of my posts, or any of yours confronting me about what you think is a lie. 

I'm not your secretary, and I'm not wasting my time running errands on your behalf.

I don't give a hoot whether you put me on 'ignore' or not - just shows the kind of poster you are.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Yawn.

Was the blockade always in place?

Did placing the Gaza Strip under the blockade had something to do with Hamas actions? Agenda?

Is Israel the only country maintaining this blockade?

You post links for the headlines value. You cannot actually comment anything meaningful on the content. Doubt you even bother reading most of what you link.

You can't handle anyone posting anything that goes against your narrative. 

It's so obvious what you are doing on this thread, trolling, baiting people, false accusations. 

I unblocked you as I saw in other's reply to you that you were calling me a liar, which you continue to do, with absolutely no proof. You can't even point it out. Integrity dude, I've no idea why you are so obsessed with defending Israel's treatment of Palestinians. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Morch said:

I'm not your secretary, and I'm not wasting my time running errands on your behalf.

I don't give a hoot whether you put me on 'ignore' or not - just shows the kind of poster you are.

How would you feel if someone continually called you a liar? 

Would you ask them for proof/posts? 

• Haha 1

Hila Rotem, 13, released without her mother Raya, who is still a Hamas captive

https://www.timesofisrael.com/taken-captive-raya-and-hila-rotem-texted-while-being-abducted/

So this from one of the previous exchanges, but goes to show (again) how difficult it is to deal with Hamas or trust their words even on relatively straightforward matters. Why were the mother and daughter separated? Why wasn't the release done in accordance with agreements?

My guess would be that it's simply a ploy to exploit the situation further. Create more pubic pressure in Israel for exchanges at any cost and accepting further demands.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

You can't handle anyone posting anything that goes against your narrative. 

It's so obvious what you are doing on this thread, trolling, baiting people, false accusations. 

I unblocked you as I saw in other's reply to you that you were calling me a liar, which you continue to do, with absolutely no proof. You can't even point it out. Integrity dude, I've no idea why you are so obsessed with defending Israel's treatment of Palestinians. 

I'm actually 'handling' most posts I do not agree with - often countering them with facts, details, common sense and knowledge. If you have issues with that, hit the 'report' button. Or go cry to your Rabbit.

I did not comment much 'in defense' of Israel's treatment of the Palestinians. These topics are mainly about the fighting in the Gaza Strip - which would not encompass all Palestinians. Further, most topics (and comments) are even more closely associated with Hamas - which spin it whichever way you like, is not 'the Palestinians' as a whole. Here - add that to the list of countering your nonsense.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'm actually 'handling' most posts I do not agree with - often countering them with facts, details, common sense and knowledge. If you have issues with that, hit the 'report' button. Or go cry to your Rabbit.

I did not comment much 'in defense' of Israel's treatment of the Palestinians. These topics are mainly about the fighting in the Gaza Strip - which would not encompass all Palestinians. Further, most topics (and comments) are even more closely associated with Hamas - which spin it whichever way you like, is not 'the Palestinians' as a whole. Here - add that to the list of countering your nonsense.

What arrogance.

Why do you keep mentioning my 'Rabbit'?

Are trying to make a joke about my friend who is a Rabbi. If so, I've no idea why you vehemently resent me having a Jewish spiritual advisor. I don't know your religious beliefs, but mine are close to Judaism. Would you say you are polarized?

• Haha 1

Just now, Neeranam said:

What arrogance.

Are trying to make a joke about my friend who is a Rabbi. If so, I've no idea why you vehemently resent me having a Jewish spiritual advisor. I don't know your religious beliefs, but mine are close to Judaism. Would you say you are polarized?

Imaginary people don't count.

I'm not religiously inclined, myself, though quite familiar with many religious concepts, beliefs, traditions and so on. Very interesting stuff.

You views are nothing close to Judaism, by the way - you're committing multiple infractions on these topics alone. But then again, that what comes when you take spiritual advice from an imaginary furry animal, cute as it may be.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

What arrogance.

I would say you are a trolling member of these boards, you posted on this thread about a hostage being released from the murderous Palestinian terrorists stating that she looked happy as she waved goodbye to her captives, for gods sake get real and stop trolling! 

• Agree 1

Imaginary people don't count.

I'm not religiously inclined, myself, though quite familiar with many religious concepts, beliefs, traditions and so on. Very interesting stuff.

You views are nothing close to Judaism, by the way - you're committing multiple infractions on these topics alone. But then again, that what comes when you take spiritual advice from an imaginary furry animal, cute as it may be.

Ah, so now I understand your resentment. Makes perfect sense now. You find religion interesting but don't practice it -  get over it. 

What are you on about? You don't know my spiritual beliefs. 

So, you assume because I might say a Jewish prayer I must not say anything about Israel's treatment of Palestinian, how very narrow-minded. I also say a Christian prayer every day btw. I suggest you read about non-dualism.

Do the honorable thing and apologize for falsely calling me a liar(on multiple occasions) or at least show a post where you say you confronted me. You can be non-religious and still have integrity. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

if you read my full comment Morch i said ALL hostages must be released.

I was responding to this post of yours:

Hamas will soon feel the full force of justice and are now pleading for an extension. They know what awaits them once the hostages are freed and they don't have any out-of-jail cards. The only fallback for them is to begin using their own civilians to use as human shields and then blame it on Israel.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1312538-israel-is-at-war-general-discussion-pt2/page/5/#comment-18513860

My point was that so long Hamas holds hostages, they have a meaningful bargaining chip. If all the hostages are released, obviously there would be little to shield them from the IDF - unless the manage to negotiate something before hand. Therefore, I don't think we will see all the hostages released any time soon. Some will surely be kept, information about others (some who probably died or were never even taken) not divulged. This is pretty much how things went on previous instances.

Hamas is 'spending' it's 'hostage currency' sparingly and in accordance with its immediate needs. Their interest right now seems to be a drawn period of slowly trickling hostages releases - during which time Israel's resolve and international support might decline. I think the former unlikely, but the latter is.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Neeranam said:

Ah, so now I understand your resentment. Makes perfect sense now. You find religion interesting but don't practice it -  get over it. 

What are you on about? You don't know my spiritual beliefs. 

So, you assume because I might say a Jewish prayer I must not say anything about Israel's treatment of Palestinian, how very narrow-minded. I also say a Christian prayer every day btw. I suggest you read about non-dualism.

Do the honorable thing and apologize for falsely calling me a liar(on multiple occasions) or at least show a post where you say you confronted me. You can be non-religious and still have integrity. 

I do not resent religious beliefs. Each to his own so long as enough freedom is afforded. I don't care about your actual or pretended religious beliefs either. I comment on what you post here.

There are many Jews, and Israelis who oppose Israel's policies. If you'd bother actually reading my posts, they are not 100% in favor of all Israel does in relation to the Palestinians, and certainly not favorable as far as Israel's 'leadership' is concerned. More nonsense out of you regarding what I supposedly 'assume' - add that to the pile of nonsense comments addressed.

An apology for calling you out? I don't think so. Maybe you next post will demand satisfaction and ask me to name my seconds or something. Mind, if yours is the Rabbit, it's a no go.

Is there any chance of your going back on topic? Maybe continue expanding on what you learned regarding Hamas?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Morch said:

I do not resent religious beliefs. Each to his own so long as enough freedom is afforded. I don't care about your actual or pretended religious beliefs either. I comment on what you post here.

There are many Jews, and Israelis who oppose Israel's policies. If you'd bother actually reading my posts, they are not 100% in favor of all Israel does in relation to the Palestinians, and certainly not favorable as far as Israel's 'leadership' is concerned. More nonsense out of you regarding what I supposedly 'assume' - add that to the pile of nonsense comments addressed.

An apology for calling you out? I don't think so. Maybe you next post will demand satisfaction and ask me to name my seconds or something. Mind, if yours is the Rabbit, it's a no go.

Is there any chance of your going back on topic? Maybe continue expanding on what you learned regarding Hamas?

Why would I pretend anything?

You won't answer my simple questions, like 'why do you call my friend a rabbit'?

What have I lied about?

Not much point in conversing is there?

The only reason you are not on ignore is because of the defamation.  

Edited by Neeranam
  • Haha 1

So, there are quite a lot of Hamas Bad comments on these topics, and rightly so (IMO). Bad for Israel, bad for the Palestinians, bad for the Middle East. The counterbalance offered (yes, sometimes by myself as well) is that the Hamas doesn't represent all Palestinians, and that there's the PA.

Now, the PA is supposed to be the more rational actor in Palestinian politics, and indeed, to a degree it is. However, it does not operate in a vacuum, nor is its control secure enough to disregard Hamas or it's public appeal. So whenever things flare up between Hamas and Israel, the PA finds itself between a rock and a hard place. Can't condemn Hamas too much because got to consider domestic politics and Hamas support, can't be portrayed as being as being on Israel's side. But on the other hand, dare not support Hamas too much for fear of bolstering it's domestic appeal  (as 'standing up for Palestinians'), and endangering international support (generally unfavorable toward Hamas actions).

So this time is no different, and even worse considering the scope of the Hamas attack, atrocities committed and the scale of Israel's counter-action in the Gaza Strip.

And always, in the background, the political struggle for the post-Abbas era. This leads some wannabee future leaders to risk putting forth bold statements, calculated to benefit them in the (near?) future, rather than implying all out support for Hamas.

Senior Fatah official justifies Oct. 7 massacre as ‘defensive war’ against Israel

https://www.timesofisrael.com/senior-fatah-official-justifies-oct-7-massacre-as-defensive-war-against-israel/

Israel goes diplomatically berserk when less controversial statements are issued by foreign officials. When it comes to the PA, though - it seems like a combinations of (a) who cares what they say, (b) 'see-we-told-you-they-are-just-as-bad' and (c) a tacit acknowledgement of the constraints under which the PA operates. While the former two are easier to detect (through politicians statements etc.), I think the latter dominates, as rarely are there any actual 'punitive' measures (easily applied if so willed) in evidence.

And here's a tad more....

Watchdog: Schools run by PA celebrated Oct. 7 Hamas massacres

https://www.timesofisrael.com/watchdog-schools-run-by-pa-celebrated-oct-7-hamas-massacres/

• Like 1