Israel is at War - General discussion (pt2)

CharlieH

36 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

only if he tries to implement it.

Thanks for the answer. 

What I find odd is how no pro Israeli posters here have condemned him for saying that, which makes me think they condone it. 

What was that saying  -  “What you permit, you promote. What you allow, you encourage. What you condone, you own.”

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Israel-Hamas war: Netanyahu will be tried as 'war criminal', says Turkey's Erdogan

https://news.sky.com/video/israel-hamas-war-netanyahu-will-be-tried-as-war-criminal-says-turkeys-erdogan-13022626

Good thing you're exciting an honest exemplary party like Erdogan who had done his damnedest to Islamicize Turkish governance . And not a corrupt, authoritarian politician like Erdogan who has done his damnedest to Islamicize Turkish governance. 

Just now, Jeff the Chef said:

Yes, ref flooding the tunnels with seawater, not gas as you stated.

yawn, you missed the numerous posts and vids on this already, but just for you:

The son of a founding Hamas leader broke his silence on his decision to denounce the terrorist group after he turned on his own family and converted to Christianity, suggesting Israel "explore using gas" to get Hamas out of the tunnels in Gaza. 

https://www.foxnews.com/media/son-hamas-leader-breaks-silence-decision-denounce-terror-group-care-palestinians

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Israel-Hamas war: Netanyahu will be tried as 'war criminal', says Turkey's Erdogan

https://news.sky.com/video/israel-hamas-war-netanyahu-will-be-tried-as-war-criminal-says-turkeys-erdogan-13022626

@Neeranam

Well, the font is almost large enough for Erdogan's ego, at least. And here you go again, posting nonsense opinions from dodgy sources - not the channel, in case you try for this deflection again - but Erdogan himself. Probably could have found a more biased, vehement commentator, but it would take some digging.

Edited by Morch
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

yawn, you missed the numerous posts and vids on this already, but just for you:

The son of a founding Hamas leader broke his silence on his decision to denounce the terrorist group after he turned on his own family and converted to Christianity, suggesting Israel "explore using gas" to get Hamas out of the tunnels in Gaza. 

https://www.foxnews.com/media/son-hamas-leader-breaks-silence-decision-denounce-terror-group-care-palestinians

Thankyou

53 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Seems there were Hamas spies involved in the planning............

Among documents recovered from Hamas terrorists who carried out the terror attack on October 7 was a thorough map of an Israeli military base which could only have been drawn using “inside knowledge” – almost certainly from a Hamas spy.

https://www.ynetnews.com/article/by5cou2hp

If true, let hops the IDF has rooted these animals out.

Here is the Guardian article mentioned in the link above:

Hamas drew detailed attack plans for years with help of spies, documents suggest

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/dec/04/hamas-drew-detailed-attack-plans-for-years-with-help-of-spies-idf-says?ref=upstract.com

Some years back, there were reports about Hamas operatives posing as hot chicks on social media, trying to seduce Israeli soldiers, compromise them, get information etc. It got some headlines because of the sensational nature of the reports/warnings but don't think it was taken very seriously at the time. Could be some connection. Kinda doubt some serious 'spy' situation, undercover stuff and all that. But someone getting tricked into it, or compromised and blackmailed, yes.

The other thing I can think of are either drones, of the small variety. Given the clips showing how surveillance measures were taken down using such, maybe managed to collect some intel before that the same way. Also, satellite images are widely available. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Morch said:

says?ref=upstract.com

Some years back, there were reports about Hamas operatives posing as hot chicks on social media, trying to seduce Israeli soldiers, compromise them, get information etc. It got some headlines because of the sensational nature of the reports/warnings but don't think it was taken very seriously at the time. Could be some connection. Kinda doubt some serious 'spy' situation, undercover stuff and all that. But someone getting tricked into it, or compromised and blackmailed, yes.

Honeypots are one of the oldest, but tried and true, means of espionage. Mata Hari was one.

A late friend wrote a book about such things, later made into a movie with Jennifer Lawrence, Joel Edgerton and Jeremy Irons....Red Sparrow.

1 hour ago, Morch said:

@Neeranam

Well, the font is almost large enough for Erdogan's ego, at least. And here you go again, posting nonsense opinions from dodgy sources - not the channel, in case you try for this deflection again - but Erdogan himself. Probably could have found a more biased, vehement commentator, but it would take some digging.

I could say the same about Netanyahu. 

What news channel do you watch? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, ozimoron said:

The problem here is that absolutely everybody thinks Hamas should be tried for war crimes but let even one apologist for Israel say the same thing about the Israeli government. Crickets. I come from a country which tries its war criminals.

Exactly.  

The Israeli president has been outed for telling his top aides to clean out Gaza and not one of the biased posters here condemn it. Speak volumes. Can't say the same about any of the Palestinian supporters. 

At least they can't deny there is ethnic cleansing going on. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Honeypots are one of the oldest, but tried and true, means of espionage. Mata Hari was one.

A late friend wrote a book about such things, later made into a movie with Jennifer Lawrence, Joel Edgerton and Jeremy Irons....Red Sparrow.

Matthews? Now here's someone that didn't look like a spy - or rather more Smiley than Bond.

Didn't think much of the movie (some great photography, though), but liked the book.

9 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I could say the same about Netanyahu. 

What news channel do you watch? 

You could say a whole lot of things. You actually do. Most of them are nonsense. The above being yet another example.

I'm currently watching some clips trying to figure out if it's a total waste of time giving LOTRO another go. Got this thing for dead games.

• Haha 1

Just now, Morch said:

You could say a whole lot of things. You actually do. Most of them are nonsense. The above being yet another example.

I'm currently watching some clips trying to figure out if it's a total waste of time giving LOTRO another go. Got this thing for dead games.

Noted, the third time you refuse to tell me what news source you watch. 

I can understand you not wanting to condemn Netanyahu publicly but what is the thing about what you watch on TV?

• Confused 2

9 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Exactly.  

The Israeli president has been outed for telling his top aides to clean out Gaza and not one of the biased posters here condemn it. Speak volumes. Can't say the same about any of the Palestinian supporters. 

At least they can't deny there is ethnic cleansing going on. 

In Israel, the President is more of a ceremonial office, head of state thing. It's currently filled by a former center-left wing politician.

If you meant Netanyahu, the Prime Minister - he did not order any such thing as you posted. Try and read the links you provide.

There is no 'ethnic cleansing' other than in your posts.

Edited by Morch

18 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The problem here is that absolutely everybody thinks Hamas should be tried for war crimes but let even one apologist for Israel say the same thing about the Israeli government. Crickets. I come from a country which tries its war criminals.

If there's evidence that Israel has committed war crimes , then they should face justice .

But there's no evidence that Israel has committed war crimes . 

Palestinians left their homes/area freely, they werent forced to go anywhere 

Edited by Nick Carter icp
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Noted, the third time you refuse to tell me what news source you watch. 

I can understand you not wanting to condemn Netanyahu publicly but what is the thing about what you watch on TV?

I am not required to tell you anything, stop trolling. Already answered that I read and watch many different media outlets.

I have no issues condemning Netanyahu for many things - and did so even on these topics, you're lying again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Morch said:

Interesting. In your country, do they decide people are war criminals before they go to trial?

Hamas actions are clear cut on this front, Israel's aren't. You might find that hard to digest, but that's how it is.

No, they put them on trial when credible evidence emerges, like any crime.

Don't accuse me of lying. I asked if any of Israel's apologists would condemn Israel for war crimes. You are obviously not among them.

Would you support even trying the case? I doubt it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

If there's evidence that Israel has committed war crimes , then they should face justice .

But there's no evidence that Israel has committed war crimes . 

Palestinians left their homes/area freely, they were forced to go anywhere 

OMG

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Nick Carter icp said:

What war crimes do you think that Israel has committed ?

Indiscriminant bombing of civilians and civilian infrastructure, mass displacement of civilians, and so on. These are universally recognized war crimes. Denying that such events have taken place is simply propaganda.

• Like 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

Indiscriminant bombing of civilians and civilian infrastructure, mass displacement of civilians, and so on. These are universally recognized war crimes. Denying that such events have taken place is simply propaganda.

There hasn't been any indiscriminate bombing of civilian areas though , all targets have been deliberately targeted  , civilians were also asked to leave the area numerous times, to allegations that Israel targeting civilians wouldn't stand up in Court because Israel asked them to leave and gave them a passage to leave .

• Agree 2