Chinese beggars arrested in Bangkok working the region

snoop1130

beggar_logo1.png

An investigation into the six Chinese beggars recently arrested in Bangkok has revealed that some had previously worked as beggars in Malaysia and Singapore, according to a senior Thai immigration police official on Monday.

Deputy Immigration Police Commissioner Pol Maj Gen Phanthana Nuchanart also stated that there was no connection found between the Chinese group and a Thai woman who was found acting as their translator.

The arrests occurred at a Pinklao shopping complex and in crowded tourist venues. The police confiscated a bag containing Thai banknotes, totalling about Bt10,000. Many Thai netizens noted that their reported incomes were much higher than theirs.

Full story: Thai PBS 2023-11-27

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

I used to pass a Thai beggar every morning in my local street market, dressed in dirty clothes and unkempt hair he always asked for money to buy breakfast. Aged about 40 with no visual ailment I often wondered if he was legit. The locals always dropped a few coins or 20 baht into his bag.

One day at the market later than  normal around lunchtime I saw him get up and start walking away. Out of curiosity I followed him as I was walking the same way, he crossed the road, entered the grounds of the temple, then got into a Fortuner and drove away.

Thereby proving that he was working to make enough to buy a coveted Benz😀

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/26/2023 at 10:16 AM, ChaiyaTH said:

If you are not yet signed up on poloniex and htx let me know, i can send my refferal link to sign up, we would then both get some airdrops and free bonuses too.

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I used to pass a Thai beggar every morning in my local street market, dressed in dirty clothes and unkempt hair he always asked for money to buy breakfast. Aged about 40 with no visual ailment I often wondered if he was legit. The locals always dropped a few coins or 20 baht into his bag.

One day at the market later than  normal around lunchtime I saw him get up and start walking away. Out of curiosity I followed him as I was walking the same way, he crossed the road, entered the grounds of the temple, then got into a Fortuner and drove away.

Making a fortune obviously 😜