Most exciting thing you've done in Thailand

bignok

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Seems a few missed "in Thailand" in the OP.

It should be obvious the mods are now more relaxed about posters going off topic.

However, some miserable gits with nothing better to do get their knickers in a twist about it.

Nobody is forcing them to read said posts.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, bignok said:

Most exciting thing you've done in Thailand 

I worked for a while down in Songkla, on an offshore drilling rig.

The Thai's that work offshore are hard working and fun to be around, being their supervisor I was always well respected. The boys from the region, Songkla, Nakhon Si Thammarat are tough as nails. 

The flight to Hat Yai is only an hour then a short journey to Songkla, sleep at the hotel before next morning chopper flight.

I did prefer working in Vung Tau, 20 years ago when the hydra foil was operating from Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City). Only an hour flight from BKK then an hour or two on the ship that had a bar on board, had the worst hangovers coming home when working Vietnam, 4 weeks without a drink. I worked same hitch as the OIM, he lived Vung Tau, his wife would always have an esky full of cold beers to take to the jetty, waiting to board the ship, then sat at the bar for the trip to HMC 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

1. Menage a quatre 🤣

2. Zipline off Pattaya Park Tower

PSX_20230904_093902.thumb.jpg.67cb9c62121a00dbf7ab2e97340b9979.jpg

3. Snapped one of the most endangered species of birds...Spoon-billed Sandpiper.

1701223628974.jpg.98ef7afd5e9d79ed507609fe4492eaaa.jpg

1701223629109.thumb.jpg.640e67b108500e14be9d44b7d9f9855d.jpg

1701223629182.thumb.jpg.094c89b27490f0ecde9431585e60f8ec.jpg

4. Snapped an Endangered Bryde's Whale with calf and a pair of Endangered Irrawaddy Dolphin. 

1701223635284.jpg.78b85d16156858fa843d046a1f3e6f60.jpg

1701224020126.jpg.921fbd1613be9a4545631d274e23c7c6.jpg

1701224024192.jpg.b0b7e7c6f4191617894bd0f7e76a705a.jpg

1701224024106.jpg.6e0256ae8e2439b0c206554931b4044e.jpg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CharlieH said:

A bit hard that one, as what one person finds exciting another may not.

I suppose it was the sheer wonderment and attack on the senses the first time I sat at a bar in Soi Nans, on the corner of the Nana Hotel (hooters now?)and just watched what was going on.

Never seen or experienced anything quite like it.Not being a drinker or frequenting bars as such, never been to Thailand before, this was way back in 2003. My entire 2 week stay was unbelievable and exciting to me, and why I came back so many times and eventually moved here.

That one trip and experience changed the entire course of my life. 😀

Agreed, except it was 2009. I was a fat boy in a candy shop, quite literally. Thailand ... "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...." from what I was familiar with in Western Kentucky.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Lacessit said:

It should be obvious the mods are now more relaxed about posters going off topic.

However, some miserable gits with nothing better to do get their knickers in a twist about it.

Nobody is forcing them to read said posts.

Soooo, just call it World Forum and let anyone say anything about anywhere in the world.

While I admit to the occasional off topic I try not to make it a habit, and the reason I come on this forum is to read about THAILAND, not golfing in America or some such nonsense.

There is an entire subforum for those that need to talk about home country.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ben Zioner said:

Start a new family.

Otherwise I find Thailand boring compared to many other places I have visited. No mountains, not much history. And sex is universal.

For many of us, sex was more or less a non event or just really bad till we discovered Thailand. It's no wonder it became so popular with western men.

There ain't a queue of randy women waiting outside my door, that's for sure. When grannys or fat burds are the only option, abstinence makes sense.

2 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Bars closed early...invited to jump in a car with four young Thai men and women.....drove to a deserted multistory...about five floors up.......walked to the far end, opened up some tarpaulins......bar, pool table, music, fussball, place was packed......and that was last I can recall of the night......not idea how I got home.

Are you sure they didn't drug you and make you do silly things for their entertainment?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Are you sure they didn't drug you and make you do silly things for their entertainment?

That is exactly what crossed my mind.......it was 30 mins out from Nana....no idea where it was or how I would even get home.....and absolutely zip memory after the tarpaulin was pulled back.....very worrying!!! 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Will B Good said:

That is exactly what crossed my mind.......it was 30 mins out from Nana....no idea where it was or how I would even get home.....and absolutely zip memory after the tarpaulin was pulled back.....very worrying!!! 

I think it happened to me with a "lady of the night" once. However, I always locked my money in the hotel safety box, so if they did, they didn't get anything worthwhile, and I didn't notice anything gone.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

And all you had to show for it the next morning was a sore head and rectum. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, proton said:

Keep a lookout for signs along the road and near wats, ramwong is a bit rarer than other types of concerts. This was in Samut Prakan

IMG_20231128_165704.jpg

Very large troupe not seen often, ladders up to stage to go and dance with them

I saw a show like that in Phuket. I was the only farang, so the waitresses looked after me. One even made me a paper crane ( bird ) souvenir from a paper serviette which I still have somewhere. The singing was un memorable, and the most striking thing about the dancers were their thigh high boots. It was interesting though.

55 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Bars closed early...invited to jump in a car with four young Thai men and women.....drove to a deserted multistory...about five floors up.......walked to the far end, opened up some tarpaulins......bar, pool table, music, fussball, place was packed......and that was last I can recall of the night......not idea how I got home.

Since moving to Isaan the most exciting thing I've done is have two cups of coffee at breakfast.......I need a gun.

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I saw a show like that in Phuket. I was the only farang, so the waitresses looked after me. One even made me a paper crane ( bird ) souvenir from a paper serviette which I still have somewhere. The singing was un memorable, and the most striking thing about the dancers were their thigh high boots. It was interesting though.

You can't beat a good old pair of f**k-me-boots