Apartment building just "found" a new electic meter attached to our room

Are you getting sight of the original MEA/PEA bills for all three meters or is the management simply presenting you with their own invoice for electricity without supporting documentation?

If this is the case, you might want to take meter readings over the course of a month or so and then calculate what the MEA/PEA bill would have been using their tariff rates. If there is a large discrepancy, then it is likely that the management is inflating the bill, but since you don't have a contract that would spell out how utilities are to be charged, you'd probably still be at the mercy of the management. 

3 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

I went over there and I realize there was a wire going off his meter to a place next-door so actually he was paying electric for two places go figure TIT 

If he does what people have suggested (turn off power and see if the meter is still running), then it's a much quicker way to see if your power is getting siphoned somewhere, I think.

Illegal wiring in Pattaya condos has been going on for years. 

Bankok owners just visiting for a weekend, power has been disconnected, just temp. Run power for their visit.

Condos must have such a high chance of catching on fire due to all these suspect electrical re-configutes.

3 meters for 1 condo, equates to the mindset of the managers. Spread that over the whole condo.

Death traps.

Have you ever checked your fire escape, right to the outside road?

I bet a clear path doesn't exist. Check it in the evening when the fire escape doors are locked.

6 minutes ago, carlyai said:

Illegal wiring in Pattaya condos has been going on for years. 

Bankok owners just visiting for a weekend, power has been disconnected, just temp. Run power for their visit.

Condos must have such a high chance of catching on fire due to all these suspect electrical re-configutes.

3 meters for 1 condo, equates to the mindset of the managers. Spread that over the whole condo.

Death traps.

Have you ever checked your fire escape, right to the outside road?

I bet a clear path doesn't exist. Check it in the evening when the fire escape doors are locked.

Scary. Always live on the ground floor.

• Thumbs Up 1

How are people getting bills higher than 3000/month? Do they have AC on all day which is set to 18c? Except during the winter in Chiang Mai I have an AC on about 20 hours a day and still never hit 30000 even. I guess if you had a family with AC in 4 rooms at once that would do it.

On 11/29/2023 at 8:49 PM, teacherc137 said:

Bedroom, living area, and an office. There's 3 a.c. units but we never run two at once. Not sure what to suspect, but it's dubious because don't run that many electronics at once. Everyone complains about the building's mysterious electric accounting system, and we kind of accepted that they're gouging us a bit (we get a discount for having referred other tenants, but somehow our other bills cancel out those discounts). But finding another meter after we've been living in this apartment for months is...well, that's why I'm posting. This is not a new building. By far. I'm not sure how you misplace something like a meter, but here we are. My only thought is it goes to the outdoor lights. But perhaps that's wishful thinking.

Did you think to ask management? lie or true they would set you straight, first thing I would do is run every room air cons stick something in a few sockets and let them run then check the meters to see if there all drawing current...then do the opposite...turn everything off and check meters, soon will know if one isn't connected to your room.