Bored during the day living in Thailand. Name your top 2 websites, podcasts and youtube channels.

advancebooking

18 hours ago, advancebooking said:

Over to you. 

Unfortunately I'm never bored and spend too much time with ASEAN NOW, so I need to be very busy with all the other stuff that I have to do during a day or week.

However, when it comes to web-sites I spend time to follow news, where the ASEAN NOW's news-section gives me an excellent overview of what happens in Thailand, and the forum section keep me up to date about visa, stay and other activities of interest for farangs – like suggestions of what to do, if getting bored...:thumbsup:

I also use Facebook quite a lot. Both for contact with old and new friends here and around the World, but also to get news-updates in my feed together with a few groups I follows of interest. If the feed is chosen right, Facebook is actually an excellent way to follow thing of interest in one place, even communication through Messenger has replaced most of previous e-mail contact.

I am not bored but want to be informed. I do not feel informed watching the usual broadcasts from CNN, or BBC.

Two informative websites I use that present informed, intelligent reports are:
Democracy Now (The war and peace report) at Democracynow.org   The reports are verifiable with credible guests.
The Chris Hedges Report on The Real News Network.  Chris Hedges is a former Pulitzer Prize wining journalist. He was a war correspondent for nearly 20 years with The New York Times and covered wars and political conflicts in the Middle East, Central and South America as well as eastern Europe during the fall of the Soviet Union. This is an very informative show that updates about once a week. Chris Hedges is also the author of more than 10 highly acclaimed books.

Edited by jingjai9
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm never bored in Pattaya, always have more to do than I can possibly get around to doing. 

I like to know everything, so I surf around a lot. I don't do facebook, don't have any fave youtube channels, prefer music to podcasts.

Just as a general tip, I suggest getting into both Twitter (X) and reddit. I'm always learning from those two outlets.

Most people who have anything worth saying have a Twitter feed that may be interesting for their latest thoughts and news. Lot of unknown gurus in your areas of interest to run across. I follow about 10 feeds regularly and have a list of about 20 to glance at sometimes.

Reddit has specialty forums in whatever you're interested in with a lot of knowledgeable people posting. Discussions tend to be a lot more intelligent, on topic, and civilized than you find here. I look at 6 reddit forums daily, post on fitness, game, and computer-related topics, and have another 10 I keep around for an occasional dive.

• Thumbs Up 1

https://deepai.org/chat

You write words and they're turned into art.  This thing blows my mind.

If you run out of credits just delete the account and then start a new one and the credits are there again.  Just ''log in with gmail'' again and it's all good.

This single website has kept me amused for months now.

'a man wearing a suit of mirrors in a house of mirrors'

'bruce lee mixed with mike tyson'

'austin martin mixed with lamborghini'

'thai girl mixed with vietnamese girl'

'bedroom designed by nasa'

and so on.

Edited by Chris Daley

@advancebooking YT is mostly cooking channels

more technique than recipes:

image.png.ee2d64d60a8fad71cf2bd08ab539eeba.png

I don't do much of anything else.  MSM, I get on AN :laugh:

Quick read of RTnews, with large grain of salt.

Don't do pods or any of that stuff, inc; IG, TicTok, X.

FB to stay conx w/family & friends, all of 14.

Don't follow Drone, EV, or Solar channels, as own, and 

nothing new to buy or learn.

Actually on Gmaps more than anything, planning next outing, 

whether for food or overnights 1-10ish days.

I prefer to be out of the house, if only on the veranda, watching

the critters, maybe snap a photo.  Stroll around local park or 

surfside with dog.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thumbs Up 1