Freemasonry in Chiang Mai

peterrabbit

Masonic Meet and Greet Evening 6pm 9th December.

We are holding an informal Masonic Meet and Greet evening from 6pm on Saturday 9th December 2023 at the OMG Bar and Restaurant on the corner of Loi Kroh Road and Charoen Prathet Road, near the Iron Bridge in Chiang Mai. (https://maps.app.goo.gl/6znmGCs8K6zhBZ4GA)

If you are a Freemason, or just curious about becoming a Freemason, come and join us for a chat and a few beers. Bring your Wives, Partners and Children if you wish.

To all the Freemasons in Chiang Mai, and the surrounding area, do you miss the Lodge and the company of your Brothers? Well we have some exciting news to tell you, so come and see us at 6pm on Saturday 9th for an informal social evening of good company and conversation.

21 minutes ago, bignok said:

What is a Freemason? What happens at these events? 

It’s just another club like any other club whether it’s a church political bar-stool or a boring yammering club, just a club to fill in and pass the time with chit-chat 

1 minute ago, novacova said:

It’s just another club like any other club whether it’s a church political bar-stool or a boring yammering club, just a club to fill in and pass the time with chit-chat 

The internet has lots of theories

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, still kicking said:

Then why it is all secret?

Its not secret,  anyone can turn up at Grand Lodge in London and take a tour.

Its only that there are parts of Masonry that are confidential and for members only just like any other organization.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2023 at 2:28 PM, peterrabbit said:

Its not secret,  anyone can turn up at Grand Lodge in London and take a tour.

Its only that there are parts of Masonry that are confidential and for members only just like any other organization.

Such as what other organizations?  Boy Scouts?  Lions Club? PTA?  AA?  

• Haha 1

Love the symbology. In Wash. DC, it's everywhere. As in all things, Black free masonry has the more compelling iconography. Avant Jazz God Sun Ra's album covers showcase it well, if anyone wants a quick, eye-popping Google Image surf.

Jazz has a lot of freemasonry running through its history:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/jul/02/secret-jazz-freemason-history-duke-ellington-sun-ra

I'm not a follower, but post your next meeting here and I'll try to come.

Hi Peter, I am a freemason from Ancient and primitive Rite of Memphis and Misraim. I stay in Chiang Mai for 1 year and would like to contact local freemasons. I know that here only men are allowed to participate in the works, so I want just to get in touch for informal meeting. Unfortunately I missed the 9th December meeting, I found you just now. Thank you!