Chevrolet Captiva catches fire on Phaholyothin Highway

webfact

image.jpeg

A grey Chevrolet Captiva caught fire on the side of Phaholyothin Highway, Highway No.1, Moo 2, Khao Tha Phra, Mueang Chai Nat, at around 7pm yesterday, December 1.

The car, registration number KG 1615 Nakhon Sawan, was quickly spotted by local security officials from the Teachers Savings Cooperative of Chai Nat, who immediately rushed to the scene with a fire extinguisher to control the blaze. Subsequently, firefighters from the Chai Nat Municipality were notified of the incident and arrived to fully extinguish the fire, preventing any further flare-ups.

The owner of the car, 40 year old Boy (nickname) had been driving home from a garage in Nakhon Sawan where he had taken the car for injector repairs. The car had been parked and unused for a while, necessitating maintenance. However, a few kilometres from home, a fire suddenly broke out in the engine compartment, accompanied by sparks. The drivers of a vehicle behind him saw the flames and promptly alerted him, allowing Boy to swiftly evacuate his young child and wife from the car before calling for help.

by Nattapong Westwood

Photo courtesy of KhaoSod

Full story: The Thaiger 2023-12-02

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

If only the media could publish what the name of the garage was - maybe things like this would not happen so often.

Maybe people could decide to not go to that garage and so he goes broke and the dangerous problem is 'fixed'.

All the other garage owners realize they cannot hide behind dinosaur laws that prevent public 'shaming'.

Then when he opens a new garage, he makes sure all work done is of a higher quality and is checked.

And he no longer employs unqualified untrained cheap 'imported' workers. 

What ............ Hello ....... Opps Sorry - I fell asleep just then - hope I did not say anythiong untoward. 

They have taken the car away for investigation, and it should not be too difficult to establish the cause.

Without assuming too much, as it is difficult to be accurate from a single poor picture, but the fire damage looks slight, mostly to the bonnet lining on the driver side, you can still make out the plastic cover of the air filter box, mostly intact.

Think the fire hose is stirring up dry powder dust from the extinguisher the security guide used effectively, with some smoke and steam.

If the injectors are determined to be the cause, the insurance will try to claim off the garage, providing the owner has insurance, but it does say the car has not been used recently.

There will be no other action, given the defamation laws.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

I was playing golf a while ago, and there was a group of Thai men ahead of us - about the same age as 'Boy' I would have said.

As one bloke said - "They just never grow up do they?" 

Fail to see the significance of this post--garage, injectors, fire..then golf!

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

I was playing golf a while ago, and there was a group of Thai men ahead of us - about the same age as 'Boy' I would have said.

What has that fatuous "They never grow up" remark, or your playing golf tale, got to do with this engine fire? 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

Fail to see the significance of this post--garage, injectors, fire..then golf!

OK - here you go:

POST - The owner of the car, 40 year old Boy (nickname) had been driving home from a garage in Nakhon Sawan where he had taken the car for injector repairs.

POST - Not saying the obvious.  (meaning - a 40 year old boy).

POST - I was playing golf a while ago, and there was a group of Thai men ahead of us - about the same age as 'Boy' I would have said.

Yes - a bit off topic - but very relevant.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

OK - here you go:

POST - The owner of the car, 40 year old Boy (nickname) had been driving home from a garage in Nakhon Sawan where he had taken the car for injector repairs.

POST - Not saying the obvious.  (meaning - a 40 year old boy).

POST - I was playing golf a while ago, and there was a group of Thai men ahead of us - about the same age as 'Boy' I would have said.

Yes - a bit off topic - but very relevant.

Oh Boy!!!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1