Do You Want To Meet Other Members?

Bluecat

LC is trying very hard to make members posting in this forum to meet.

But most of them do not join, wherever the place of meeting.

Why is it so?

I spend so much time posting, I have no time to go out.

Seeing how crazy some postings are, I'd better not meet these people.

I just do not care, forum is "artificial", my life is elsewhere, thanks god.

If they see me, I won't dare to post anymore.

Your choice :o

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oooh good topic!

I've not been around for either of the recent meetings. Having said that if I had been in Bangkok would I have attended? Good question, probably not. As you say the your life is elsewhere, and I would add separate. I'm not so sure that I would feel quite as comfortable posting in the forum if I'd lost my anonymity. There is a certain freedom involved with online Forums because you can disconnect at the click of a mouse.

I'm not so sure that I would feel quite as comfortable posting in the forum if I'd lost my anonymity. There is a certain freedom involved with online Forums because you can disconnect at the click of a mouse.

Quite a few people know me.

I attend whatever I can attend.

Does it change the way I post?

No.

Does it change what my friends think about me?

No

In summary

Does it change my life?

No

Why should it change yours? :o

I'm not so sure that I would feel quite as comfortable posting in the forum if I'd lost my anonymity. There is a certain freedom involved with online Forums because you can disconnect at the click of a mouse.

Quite a few people know me.

I attend whatever I can attend.

Does it change the way I post?

No.

Does it change what my friends think about me?

No

In summary

Does it change my life?

No

Why should it change yours? :o

Good question.

I'm not sure. I don't think it would. But there is for some reason, possibly peculiar to myself, a feeling that the two worlds are separate. Next time there is a meeting and I'm around I will reconsider this duality. :D

I , (although not a resident of Los), been going for years, married to Thai lady, got all the books etc, suggested over a year ago to meet up with TV posters/members etc but got totally blanked. I even suggested GT as a meet place.......

I'm pleased that the current members are more keen on such matters.

Fair play, next time I'm in Los I will hunt you down and buy ye a beer or 3, even Dr PP , I will trace you down mucker! Dave has offered me a gig ( shining Lam's plectrums) and even Erco will recieve a slap or 2.

btw I may be moving ISaan way next year.

Fingers x'd

Chon

:o

None of our american friends turned up last night, so I had to keep a low profile with the ambassador. The mystery around bluecat is finally resolved, the poster is a ...person.

Are you still at Gulliver's, Scampy and Elsie? Have some more members turned up? A bit disappointing, I guess many men who came on their own didn't make it far into the huge venue due to the many distractions of the tight miniskirt wearing type. :o

One point for me is time. Being on 'social' meetings 5-7 nights a week it is not easy to fix another one. One reason, why I did not comment, not knowing if I have the time and for sure, if I join I want it to be a pleasure and not another 'must'. For sure I would be interested to meet up with you but honestly, the computer give me the advantage of timing.

As it turned out, I was supposed to be around the Soi 5 and 7-area from 7:00 pm and thought I might look for you after 9:00, when F1-qualifying finished. As it turned out, I left my office 6:30, cancelled everything and went home. Checked the weather around 8 and 9:00, slight drizzle, so I stayed home, nursing me slight cold. Anyway, don't want to give this to any of you. :o

Well tonight 'have' to be in Gulliver's again, next week in Soi 7, 23, 11, 20 etc. not talking about being in HKG and Taipei towards the end of the week..

Keep it up, when I can I will join one day, perhaps gate crashing with out confirming in advance. Sorry, for me it's time mainly or lack of it.

LC is trying very hard to make members posting in this forum to meet.

But most of them do not join, wherever the place of meeting.

Why is it so?

I spend so much time posting, I have no time to go out.

I just do not care, forum is "artificial", my life is elsewhere, thanks god.

If they see me, I won't dare to post anymore.

Your choice :o

There is a god after all. The prospect of lesser posts shows that the age of miracles is not past.

Think meeting up is a great idea, but best to stay e-annonymous (e.g use your real names at the bar, but don't need to reveal pen names, unless you want to..). Can discuss a lot of the issues face to face. Hey..you could even sell T-Shirts! I'd buy one.

Hi, Bluecat...

What is a crazy posting?

I think, my postings might be crazy for some members, but I stand with my opinion and I sign with my name, about what I write.

I prefer to show up with my real name everywhere, I never post anything anonymous.

This gives me a feeling of self-control and a feeling of strength against a person, who critizises me out of hiding.

Meetings: You need a regular meeting place, which never changes and a date/time (as we do it with our technical club since 30 years here in Tokyo, the 3rd Friday of the month 19.30), which never changes, ...sometimes only 3 people show up, and sometimes over 40, one time we had a turnout of over 90 people, and we did not know why......I think, about the same situation everywhere....just take it as a surprise who will come, and who will not come....

e-anonymous: Yes, also a solution, you might use various usernames, nobody knows on the forum, who is who, even if you know each other personally....

Well Yohan, I don't think it is that easy. We are running in Bangkok a regular table every Monday. As everybody is travelling on and off, better check Monday afternoon and than do a reservation. And it was decided NOT to do it at the same place every time. Suggestions are taken for the next one, the preson who suggest organizes the seats. (Think of one particular place where after 2:00 pm you will not get a reservation for 2 person for 8:00-10:00 pm, they are just too busy.

Even a place like Gulliver's would have problems to accomodate 40 people, un-announced on 1 table.

We have every Saturday football (during season.) Meet in a small pub on Sukh., where the owner keeps a table for 6-8. Guess the owner as well would like to know if he can give the table away or not.

Same for F1, which is in Gulliver's, sometimes 2 ( :o ) the highest figure 25. Even Gulliver's would keep the reservation only if somebody shows up 30 min, or so, earlier.

Generally, nearly everybody got a handphone and knows how to say, I will be there.

For LC, keep it going, but expect that somebody who confirms should show up or may be call or PM.

I've come to realise that superficial relationships (like postings here) with farangs in Thailand is preferrable in most cases....I rarely do the night scene or socialize much, but the vast majority of farangs I've met either don't care for my style, or I don't care for theirs... My friends who are farangs can be numbered on one hand, and all except one I've known since I first moved here.

I would still like to meet a few of the posters, but you Bluecat - NO!

I would suggest, that meeting with you would be the same as watching paint dry and I am also busy that night clipping my toe nails :o .

For LC, keep it going, but expect that somebody who confirms should show up or may be call or PM.

Cheers Axel. I shall not defend myself anymore about this bloody thing. If it's my bad I couldn't hunt people to get confirmations or contact details while they couldn't be bothered to ask/inform via PM or on a thread or anything, then flame away folks.

I think it would be great to meet others on this forum. Living in a part of Bkk where farangs are like hen's teeth, a few beers and company would be great. Trouble is having an infant and a mother-in-law who would insist on coming along(cringe) . btw... i assume other wifes hubbys are welcome right? :o

It is hard to find an excuse for a meeting in Gulliver's, which is why my family came along to keep an eye on me, still, the excuse of searching for thaivisa members worked and didn't raise any suspicions as I was chatting away to the ladies at the neighboring tables. I suggest the beergarden on soi 8 or something similarly inconspicuous next time.

PS: The Thermae is not so loud early evenings and plenty of seats available.

Who will organise the next one and where will it be?

And where has Tornado gone?

Im in Gullivers, where are you all?. The hookers keep feeding me and the street sweeper threw money at me this morning :o

The next one - Lovelys house!