Big Joke probes Pattaya sex scandal with high stakes not only for ‘Sin City’ but Thailand itself

webfact

10 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

What about the situation in Manchester?

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-65643967

Ten men charged in Rochdale grooming investigation

That is a different situation - equally as bad and I'm not defending it in the slightest.  However, it did not go on in a bar in a public area. I have never heard of a bar in Rochdale, Manchester, Rotherham, Sheffield or anywhere else in the UK for that matter, where sex in general is up doe sale, never mind sex with underage girls.

There have been several 'grooming scandals in the UK in recent years - usually involving Asian men who form grooming gangs and prey on vulnerable girls from children's homes. None of those cases have involved underage girls working in a bar and I don't think the girls were on offer to the general public.  Equally as disgusting but a different situation. They were paedophile gangs.

The 'underage sex industry' has gone on in Thailand for as long as I've know the country and almost certainly for many years before that. What seems to have changed is that a few recent cases have involved Beer Bars and GoGo bars that any one of us may visit.

I was aware of it in Bangkok many years ago but the gossip then was that it went on in the 'upstairs bars' in Patpong where you could find any sort of perversion you wanted.  The places I mentioned above were blatantly offering girls in the general area of the bars. - that seems to have been the case with the bar in the OP.

However, just as the section of the Thai sex industry that targets foreigners is only around 10% of 'the business' - I suspect that the underage business that is available to Thais is probably of equal proportions.  I've read several stories and indeed there was a recent prosecution, regarding so called massage establishments, providing 'services' mainly to Thai men in the North of Thailand - Chiang Ma, Chiang Rai etc.  Young girls have been found 'working' who's families had 'sold' them to the 'club' and they are forced to work.

I don't know about Pattaya, but I  was offered under-age sex on a border run in Tachilek. I assume it would be the same anywhere in Thailand.

I enjoy sex with mature women. I can't imagine enjoying it with a frightened child.

IMO this will be old news in a week, then business as usual in Pattaya.

48 minutes ago, Fr87 said:

Instead of just letting the dust settle better to inject some BS investigation that will go nowhere. Hmmm 🤔. Maybe idea is to placate Germans by whitewashing.

I've not seen the documentary but I think the angle is unfair. Guarantee you can find hundreds of underage minors selling themselves in Germany.

I lived in Pattaya for years in early 00s and for all intents and purposes there is no children for sale semi openly to foreigners. Yes, there are young women that leave school, home and head to Pattaya. They get an ID and they can work. I've bumped into only a few minors and they were almost always employed on the fringes. 15 yo gogo girl gonna draw some questions.

Moreover, obviously there were actual minors caught up in this docu but if the average dumbass goes looking for *young girls* probably gonna end up with 18-20 yo at 5x the price.

Finally, sorry - but even Big Joke can't go up against Pattaya and Phuket municipal govts and mafias.

Nice story…. I’ve entered one bar in more than fifteen years and in the one bar that I entered, found a fourteen year old. Her colleague told me. I actually saw a picture of her dancing in a GoGo bar. Actually make that two around that age. Plus a seventeen year old found and followed me all the way home.
Though this was quite a few years ago.

Of course I’m sure it’s not the norm and modifying or sharing their ID cards did happen. I know because, since I didn’t take advantage of them, they stayed friends with me. I learned a bit about their lives that way and generally tried to help them live better and more stable lives when possible. By having a safe space. I didn’t judge negatively, since I didn’t have to walk in their shoes. I even met their foreign sponsors/boyfriends and kept in touch even when they went home to have children. 
For some, they are just meat. 

The crew went there with a point of view to prove and document as truth. That's my issue with it.

The real problem with Pattaya is quite the opposite the women are decidedly middle aged and ran through. Many have kids the age of these proported minors I bet...like hundreds

Too bad they didn't visit Epstein island 🏝️