How come English speakers are incomprehensible to others?

vangrop

Dr. Geoff Lindsey has a great YouTube channel on English accents, how they're different, how they're changing etc. 
https://www.youtube.com/@DrGeoffLindsey/videos 

He also wrote the book English After RP: Standard British Pronunciation Today on how British RP has now almost gone to be replaced by Standard Southern British. Quite detailed for anyone interested. 

Edited by KhaoNiaw
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, alex8912 said:

You are getting this from the British comic guy who is about as funny as a piece of tarmac. I mean that guy is lame. The large majority of Americans I know use simply " glasses " and also use " trash"  only. His boring vid is posted in this thread. Oh don't forget horse back riding!! 

Oh good example of shoot the messenger. I think I saw it on a Graham Norton clip, but not on here, on Youtube probably.... although the name of his comedian guest escapes me.. never claimed my material was original. 

I thought amusing enough... you don't like him, I am sure he is traumatized. 

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Oh good example of shoot the messenger. I think I saw it on a Graham Norton clip, but not on here, on Youtube probably.... although the name of his comedian guest escapes me.. never claimed my material was original. 

I thought amusing enough... you don't like him, I am sure he is traumatized. 

Just as you are. 

• Confused 1

On 12/8/2023 at 11:12 AM, Stanton681 said:

It’s seems on some threads in aseannow Thai forums that a number of people can’t even understand each other!

The problem is that some members read comments then make up stories in their head, then they convince themselves that was what the member said. 

I've been accused of different things in the past. 

I just reply 'where did I say that'. 

That shuts them up. 

• Confused 1