More Road accidents in Pattaya

georgegeorgia

I just read 24 people lost their lives in a bus accident in Pattaya 

Ok I understand road accidents are everywhere but this is getting out of hand in Thailand

I was just reading a forum in Phuket where expat farangs are complaining there is no police presence on the roads  especially around Xmas time when all the young people visit from UK , Australia etc and go berserk driving a motorcycle at full speed

Yes ,there will be farangs who don't know it yet ,but will die in Thailand in December, various reasons but ... mostly their own fault!

I noticed this in Pattaya someone full throttle down a Soi late at night , thinking their invincible

I guess many Pattaya expats know personally someone who has been killed 

I seen a few , I saw a ladyboy on a MB taxi both legs dangling over one side like she was sitting on a banana chair scrolling thru her phone before a farang on a motorbike spoed past her hitting her legs and knocks her and hit off the motorbikes ,he had no helmet in and is head was split open bleeding 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Where's the link?  

Another one I witnessed was on the corner of second Rd and south Pattaya Rd where a Thai guy with female workmate on the back ,revving up his engine before taking off at full speed past Tukcom before head on into a car 

When I looked at their bodies the guy legs were turned right around ,his upper body was facing the road but the legs were around up , does that mean he broke his hip ? 

They were both dead obviously 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, NextG said:

How did you manage to track him from the junction of Pattaya Tai/Song and past Tukcom, if he was going at full speed?

I was walking and waiting to cross second road and they were at the traffic lights revving it up ,then they took off and up ahead I heard the loudest bang until I walked past same couple that were revving up the bike earlier 

Just the legs were facing the other way ,his stomach was flat down but both feet facing up.

Add them to the list of probably thousands in Pattaya since !

Edited by georgegeorgia

18 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:
23 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Where's the link?  

Another one I witnessed was on the corner...

Another one I witnessed...

1.  So you witnessed the 24-death bus accident?

2.  If you didn't, why are you not telling us where you found the report?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

He may be getting confused with the Prachuap Kiri Khan bus accident.....

....or he may just be confused!

Confused on location and the numbers dead.

It was on the pattaya news sites, but does take limit reading skills to understand where it occurred, unless the originql poster has never really been to Thailand.

https://thepattayanews.com/2023/12/05/tragic-coach-bus-crash-in-prachuap-khiri-khan-claims-14-lives-multiple-injuries-reported/

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

I was walking and waiting to cross second road and they were at the traffic lights revving it up ,then they took off and up ahead I heard the loudest bang until I walked past same couple that were revving up the bike earlier 

Just the legs were facing the other way ,his stomach was flat down but both feet facing up.

Add them to the list of probably thousands in Pattaya since !

So they were on the Walking Street side of Pattaya Tai? He shot off and you heard the ‘loudest bang’ when he was 500 metres away from you “past Tukcom”?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Another selfish post from you !

Last one was a few months ago where you didn't bother to make a check on the Mercedes Benz gathering dust at the Nirun Condo's!

This time the guys legs twisted is completely devoid of your sympathy!

• Confused 2

37 minutes ago, Georgealbert said:

Confused on location and the numbers dead.

It was on the pattaya news sites, but does take limit reading skills to understand where it occurred, unless the originql poster has never really been to Thailand.

https://thepattayanews.com/2023/12/05/tragic-coach-bus-crash-in-prachuap-khiri-khan-claims-14-lives-multiple-injuries-reported/

What possibility is there of misunderstanding the headline...

Tragic Coach Bus Crash in Prachuap Khiri Khan Claims 14 Lives, Multiple Injuries Reported

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:
54 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Another selfish post from you !

What is "selfish" about asking you to justify reporting in your OP that "24 people were killed in a Pattaya bus crash" when no such incident occurred?   That was the only thing on which I commented.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

This time the guys legs twisted is completely devoid of your sympathy!

Yes, no sympathy whatsoever, considering that you have a propensity to report imaginary incidents.   "24 dead in Pattaya bus crash", can you update that bizarre, false assertion?

Edited by Liverpool Lou

2 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I just read 24 people lost their lives in a bus accident in Pattaya 

Ok I understand road accidents are everywhere but this is getting out of hand in Thailand

I was just reading a forum in Phuket where expat farangs are complaining there is no police presence on the roads  especially around Xmas time when all the young people visit from UK , Australia etc and go berserk driving a motorcycle at full speed

Yes ,there will be farangs who don't know it yet ,but will die in Thailand in December, various reasons but ... mostly their own fault!

I noticed this in Pattaya someone full throttle down a Soi late at night , thinking their invincible

I guess many Pattaya expats know personally someone who has been killed 

I seen a few , I saw a ladyboy on a MB taxi both legs dangling over one side like she was sitting on a banana chair scrolling thru her phone before a farang on a motorbike spoed past her hitting her legs and knocks her and hit off the motorbikes ,he had no helmet in and is head was split open bleeding 

"this is getting out of hand in Thailand"

It was never "in hand".

As with everything else the "management" occasionally acted/acts concerned, but in reality just watched/watches it get worse during the 20th/21st centuries.

Contrast that with most developed countries, where the growth of traffic accidents, since the 1920's, was reacted to and dealt with.   The UK for instance:

image.png.84422164cba7c13e19495823d4236511.png

It will not improve because the ruling elites are not intellectually adapted/evolved......developed.....to do anything about it, or any of the other social challenges of modernity.

It is a common characteristic throughout the so called "developing" world.

The mayhem on Thailands roads is emblematic of a fundamental flaw in its society.

It does not bode well for the future.

Edited by Enoon
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

OK.. so his facts were wrong... but his message is not far off the mark. 

Road deaths in Thailand are out of hand.

IF anyone is going to get on a motorcycle and ride like an idiot without a helmet a certain degree of sympathy is lost. But, when the involve innocent others the finger must then be pointed towards authorities for their lack of action.

The frequency of bus incidents is also concerning, perhaps less so this year (in the news at least), but a bus incident, rolling down a ravine, leaving the road, crashing into a bridge etc  involving numerous deaths is not an uncommon event - or is certainly more common than we'd be familiar with in our home countries. 

Incidents involving lorries are disproportionately high and perhaps be traced back to poor maintenance and poor driver education. 

In short - there is a lot more that could be done to reduce these incidents that occur with a degree of frequency such that they cannot be called 'freak events'...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Facts were wrong? It's not like he said 30 dead but only 24. There is no bus crash killing 24 people in Pattaya which the basis for his whole rambling post. That's a pretty big news story to get wrong

I thought spreading false news was not allowed on Asean Now. Guess times have changed

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:
15 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Facts were wrong? It's not like he said 30 dead but only 24. There is no bus crash killing 24 people in Pattaya which the basis for his whole rambling post. That's a pretty big news story to get wrong

I thought spreading false news was not allowed on Asean Now. Guess times have changed

OK... so we can react and nit-pick on the details...  he clearly didn't correctly remember what he had read...

Whether it was 24 people that had died in the Pattaya area or 14 people in the Prachuab area the underlying issue remains the same... 

.... whether is a 29 killed from a bus rolling down a ravine in Petchabun, 49 injured from a bus crash in Pitsanulok,  13 killed when a bus rolls down a ravine in Chiang mai...  2 killed when a double decker bus flips in Kanchanburi....  and on and on...   these incidents appear to occur with a disproportionate degree of frequency in Thailand.

Whether the Op was factually correct or not does not change the underlying message which is valid - road deaths here are out of hand and always have been.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, anchadian said:

Where's the link? 

I'll answer that for you, there is no link.

Made it up, like other stories, and trolling. Has slight case of dementia, I suspect.

But time for the daily rants and bashing by our countless ANF Driving Instructors, Urban Planners, and Police Oversight Board members.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Made it up, like other stories, and trolling. Has slight case of dementia, I suspect.

But time for the daily rants and bashing by our countless ANF Driving Instructors, Urban Planners, and Police Oversight Board members.

What are your thoughts regarding potential solutions to the elevated road deaths toll in Thailand ?

Or don't you allow yourself an opinion because you are not a driving instruction, an Urban Planner or a member of Police oversight committee?

• Sad 1

In other news 6 tonnes of Meth was found in Pattaya and 5000 Covid cases discovered in Pattaya this week....

Oh wait, wrong numbers and wrong place but stories happened so it's ok to sensationalise as a Pattaya problem for post count....

Edited by Pattaya57

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

What are your thoughts regarding potential solutions to the elevated road deaths toll in Thailand ?

Or don't you allow yourself an opinion because you are not a driving instruction, an Urban Planner or a member of Police oversight committee?

I don't worry much about what I can't change. And I needn't waste time composing pretentious, useless opinions and "solutions" on the 'net to attain a greater sense of my own self-importance. I know who I am already. I try to say something useful sometimes and offer an alternative perspective. I also look to have a laugh at some of the nonsense. 

We hear the chorus chanting the same things daily. Nobody's paying attention, least of all The Authorities. Read over The Serenity Prayer, ha ha.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, BigStar said:

I don't worry much about what I can't change. And I needn't waste time composing pretentious, useless opinions and "solutions" on the 'net to attain a greater sense of my own self-importance. I know who I am already. I try to say something useful sometimes and offer an alternative perspective. I also look to have a laugh at some of the nonsense. 

We hear the chorus chanting the same things daily. Nobody's paying attention, least of all The Authorities. Read over The Serenity Prayer, ha ha.

Having such discussions and sharing such opinions is pretty much the point of a forum designed for discussion though, is it not ?