More Road accidents in Pattaya

georgegeorgia

I have come to the conclusion nothing can be done for the upteen road accidents.

Absolutely nothing but using your own risk management to avoid or minimise your own self being involved 

Even if you were the Mayor or Police traffic chief ,what can be done ?

Better enforcement ? Does that work?

To have police with a  speed radar ,to have more Highway patrol police like Chips ?

Or Breath tests?

Or ... better education, what would work !

Oh it's too hard....

Edited by georgegeorgia

1 hour ago, Pattaya57 said:

In other news 6 tonnes of Meth was found in Pattaya and 5000 Covid cases discovered in Pattaya this week....

Oh wait, wrong numbers and wrong place but stories happened so it's ok to sensationalise as a Pattaya problem for post count....

Why don't you take some action to stop the Pattaya road accidents as you seem to hate anyone bagging Pattaya 

Since I made this post you haven't done anything constructive to stop the road accidents there !

It's no use denying it ,you haven't,you could of gone out with a sign to slow down or whatever..

but you done nothing , admit it , it's no use denying you have done something because you have done nothing ,why don't you admit that?

People here are not easily fooled 

Edited by georgegeorgia

What I never would understand is the trafic light organisation/timing in Thailand. At most trafic lights you have to wait long minutes before green turns into red and vice versa. Of course this results in an enormous congestion when the light goes red. And then the danger comes up when it is back to green. Like a formula one race they jump out of the starting blocks, while on the opposite side they are racing to get through before or just on red. And beside that this is a trigger for huge trafic jams.

1 hour ago, NextG said:

By making up stories to create a topic?

Where does one draw the line?

That depends on your suspicions of the Ops first post.

Either he completely fabricated a story... Or he read something and then posted later and got the facts wrong, which is more likely IMO.

Then there is the response of some posters whose response implies that they'd consume and opening posts such as this just as they would a news article from a known source. 

There are a lot of binary responses to the Op, whereby because the facts are incorrect the whole post is wrong and incorrect - they seem not to recognise that the underling point is a valid one. 

I'm taking the position that, yes, the Ops facts are clearly wrong - but there was a 'bus accident' in Thailand and people died. 

I'm in agreement with the Op that this happens too much in Thailand.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I just read 24 people lost their lives in a bus accident in Pattaya 

I do as a question of you @georgegeorgia

Did you read a story of 24 people dying in a bus accident in Pattaya ?

OR... have you made a mistake and got mixed up about the 14 people dying in a bus accident in Prachuab Kiri-khan ?

53 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

That depends on your suspicions of the Ops first post.

Either he completely fabricated a story... Or he read something and then posted later and got the facts wrong, which is more likely IMO.

Then there is the response of some posters whose response implies that they'd consume and opening posts such as this just as they would a news article from a known source. 

There are a lot of binary responses to the Op, whereby because the facts are incorrect the whole post is wrong and incorrect - they seem not to recognise that the underling point is a valid one. 

I'm taking the position that, yes, the Ops facts are clearly wrong - but there was a 'bus accident' in Thailand and people died. 

I'm in agreement with the Op that this happens too much in Thailand.

If they are incorrect, then they are not facts. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

I do as a question of you @georgegeorgia

Did you read a story of 24 people dying in a bus accident in Pattaya ?

OR... have you made a mistake and got mixed up about the 14 people dying in a bus accident in Prachuab Kiri-khan ?

Not surprised he hasn't answered you or anyone else that's asked the same question. His post history shows he's never acknowledged being caught out in a lie

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, NextG said:

If they are incorrect, then they are not facts. 

Agreed... but you knew what I meant....     Perhaps this is the degree of pedanticism which leads to the heavy criticism of the Op rather than understanding and discussing the underlying point he makes which in this case is no less valid just because he can't get his facts straight.

1 hour ago, Pattaya57 said:

Not surprised he hasn't answered you or anyone else that's asked the same question. His post history shows he's never acknowledged being caught out in a lie

This is a good opportunity for him to acknowledge his mistake or otherwise be known as a troll who makes up stories proving a number of posters on this thread correct.

• Like 1

Just now, richard_smith237 said:

Agreed... but you knew what I meant....     Perhaps this is the degree of pedanticism which leads to the heavy criticism of the Op rather than understanding and discussing the underlying point he makes which in this case is no less valid just because he can't get his facts straight.

Apologies… but this is all to dull…

48 minutes ago, anchadian said:

I also sent a direct message to support asking why no action had been taken and of course, no response.  
This so called support team must be non-existent.  Shame on them.

I also reported OP as obvious false news. No response.

I means who states 24 people died in a Pattaya bus crash just to start a thread as it didn't happen? 

What's his next thread, 10 people shot and killed in a Pattaya shopping mall?

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The bus crash referred to resulted in 14 fatalities, a link to the news article was provided by another poster who surmised there is a possibility of misunderstanding the headline between 14 and 24 fatalities

Here is the link:

https://thepattayanews.com/2023/12/05/tragic-coach-bus-crash-in-prachuap-khiri-khan-claims-14-lives-multiple-injuries-reported/

50 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

The bus crash referred to resulted in 14 fatalities, a link to the news article was provided by another poster who surmised there is a possibility of misunderstanding the headline between 14 and 24 fatalities

Here is the link:

https://thepattayanews.com/2023/12/05/tragic-coach-bus-crash-in-prachuap-khiri-khan-claims-14-lives-multiple-injuries-reported/

It's not only the numbers but also the accident location.  There's something not quite right here.

I believe Admin are covering for this so called GeorgieGeorgie or is it George?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, anchadian said:

It's not only the numbers but also the accident location.  There's something not quite right here.

Yes, a bus crash 6 hours drive from Pattaya, across the other side of the Gulf of Thailand below Hua Hin, is now deemed to be what the OP meant when he said 24 people were killed in Pattaya therefore starting his rant about Pattaya traffic.

Why is it assumed that's what he meant as OP posted several times in this thread but never once answered questions why he said it was Pattaya and increased the death count. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Why don't you take some action to stop the Pattaya road accidents as you seem to hate anyone bagging Pattaya 

Since I made this post you haven't done anything constructive to stop the road accidents there !

It's no use denying it ,you haven't,you could of gone out with a sign to slow down or whatever..

but you done nothing , admit it , it's no use denying you have done something because you have done nothing ,why don't you admit that?

People here are not easily fooled 

Is the OP having a mental break‐down?

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Love It 1

This thread should be closed, fake news is what I would call it. 

If a bus accident of this magnitude ever happened in Pattaya it would be headline news, and possibly also involve foreigners. 

Edited by balo

Well I am persuaded that a majority of these accidents are attributable to farangs. Drunken, to old , unconscious, unskilled, moron, name it. I never had any problem with a Thai driver of wathever engine. But be aware of farang drivers

11 / 5 000

Résultats de traduction

Résultat de traduction

unconscious
  • Haha 1