Fair go

bignok

6 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

it's well known life isn't fair, surprised you haven't realised that already.

Remember the 2004 tsunami, 200k+ people died in Banda Aceh, what did they do to deserve that?

Dead people don't suffer. Only the living.

• Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, The Cyclist said:

As a world famour golfer once said

' The harder I work and practice, the luckier I seem to get '

Gary Player Esq.

Which is bs. Practice 70 hours a week with no talent you won't even make the tour. John Daley won 2 majors. He hardly practiced at all.

• Sad 3
  • Agree 1

Just now, The Cyclist said:

If you say so.

Probably every Country in the world has wasters who bemoan their luck and think inwardly,

What if I had tried harder at Skool.

What if I hadn't got pregnant at 15

What if I hadn't got drunk and caused a car crash at 20

Luck has very little to do with it, bad choices have plenty to do with it.

So how many majors did you win? 5 or 6?

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, bignok said:

So how many majors did you win? 5 or 6?

Gary Player won 9 majors.

Not bad for a guy who was told repeatedly that he would never make it as a pro due to his unorthodox swing.

Hence his quip, posted above.

So was it luck, or was it his dedication and practice that made him a 9 major winner ?

Gary Player won 9 majors.

Not bad for a guy who was told repeatedly that he would never make it as a pro due to his unorthodox swing.

Hence his quip, posted above.

So was it luck, or was it his dedication and practice that made him a 9 major winner ?

Mostly luck. Born with talent. His swing was good. Lee Trevino had a strange swing.

If it was down to hard work I would have made the pro tour. I practiced harder than guys who became pros. Just not enough talent.

Greg Norman staying playing age 17. 2 years later was a scratch golfer. Just proves its down to talent. Hard work is maybe 5% of it.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, bignok said:

f it was down to hard work I would have made the pro tour. I practiced harder than guys who became pros. Just not enough talent.

Which has nothing to do with luck,, and can be equally applied to every walk of life.

As Millions upon millions of failed sportsmen, pop stars and many others will testify.

Lack of talent / not good enough is not down to luck.

Which has nothing to do with luck,, and can be equally applied to every walk of life.

As Millions upon millions of failed sportsmen, pop stars and many others will testify.

Lack of talent / not good enough is not down to luck.

Yes it is. Born lucky. Talent is luck.

• Sad 1

Childhood sucked, but always good food & roof over head, so can't complain too much.   What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.  Could do without the alcoholic parents, but aside from that, really wouldn't change much, as obviously contributed to who I am today.... that end product.

And I kind of like & respect the guy in the mirror ... all that matters.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, bignok said:

Which is bs. Practice 70 hours a week with no talent you won't even make the tour. John Daley won 2 majors. He hardly practiced at all.

Ask @lasix how he does it... or does he do it at all and nothing more than dishonest proclamations... though I suspect he actually believes them... 

Definitely have had some luck in this life, but had to work very hard for it. So, was it luck, or entrepreneural spirit combined with some smarts?

My mother told me very early on that life is not fair and that it was unreasonable to expect it to be, and that has been a lesson that has stayed with me, it's been very helpful. 

A sense of entitlement is an ugly thing. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, bignok said:

You think everyone gets a fair share? One dude gets born a millionaire, another in the Indian slums. How is that fair?

And the fix for that "unfairness", as you see it, is what?  What about the people in the Indian slums who have more than their mates born in the same place?

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

And the fix for that "unfairness", as you see it, is what?  What about the people in the Indian slums who have more than their mates born in the same place?

Shove a horse shoe up their ass

• Sad 3