Israel and Hamas fight house-to-house battles across Gaza

CharlieH

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

And?

As I already pointed out, despite the alleged careful surveys of the soil, the flooding isn't working out so well as far as flushing out Hamas goes.Given that that is the case, why should we credit the rest of their claims?

• Confused 2

18 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Who on this planet imagines that a negative result would have prevented them from doing it?

I do. 

But obviously not you, I would expected exactly that from you, anything to criticize the IDF. If it was a few 2,000 bunker buster bombs to demolish the tunnels you'd also complain.

More than 200 in one of the most densely populated areas of the world. A war crime intended to bring about a genocide. The displacement of almost all of the civilian population of Gaza and destruction of 85% of the infrastructure.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

As I already pointed out, despite the alleged careful surveys of the soil, the flooding isn't working out so well as far as flushing out Hamas goes.Given that that is the case, why should we credit the rest of their claims?

Why? They are the ones that have said themselves it hadn't always worked, do you not believe them? That's why they employ other methods in the main, did you not read the articles?

Would you also like to make any suggestions on any other methods such as gas or sewage that Egypt used?

• Thanks 2

Just now, ozimoron said:

More than 200 in one of the most densely populated areas of the world. A war crime.

@ozimoron

So you say. And you word is neither credible, nor carries any weight in the real world.

War crimes are not decided by posts of wannabe 'pro-palestinian' posters.

• Agree 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

More than 200 in one of the most densely populated areas of the world. A war crime.

Deployed to destroy tunnels, a war crime and how, can you provide a credible link?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Deployed to destroy tunnels, a war crime and how, can you provide a credible link?

20,000 dead civilians, mostly women and kids. Mas displacement of civilians is genocide, destruction of civilian infrastructure at scale is genocide. Statement by ministers confirming intent is genocide.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Why? They are the ones that have said themselves it hadn't always worked, do you not believe them? That's why they employ other methods in the main, did you not read the articles?

Would you also like to make any suggestions on any other methods such as gas or sewage that Egypt used?

As far as I can tell, that's not what they've been proclaiming publicly:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/idf-trial-of-flooding-hamas-tunnels-with-seawater-was-successful-toi-told/#:~:text=IDF trial of flooding Hamas tunnels with seawater proves successful%2C ToI told,-By Emanuel Fabian&text=The IDF's trial run of,Times of Israel has learned.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

20,000 dead civilians, mostly women and kids. Mas displacement of civilians is genocide, destruction of civilian infrastructure at scale is genocide. Statement by ministers confirming intent is genocide.

So a no then on the link to 2000lb  bombs on tunnels is a war crime, just deflection. Have you seen the topic header?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

So a no then on the link to 2000lb  bombs on tunnels is a war crime, just deflection. Have you seen the topic header?

They were dropped on apartment buildings containing civilians. Claims of "proportionality" reflect an attitude that Palestinian lives are worth less than Israeli lives, a manifestation of racial hatred.

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

you'd argue with your own shadow.................

"On the whole, however, the project has had limited success, the officials added. Despite large volumes of water being pumped, many of the tunnels are porous, resulting in seepage into the surrounding soil rather than a deluge through the passageways."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

@ozimoron

You do not know how many of the casualties are civilians and how many are Hamas men. You just post stuff, regardless if it's factual or whether you can support it. All the things you cited are not necessarily 'genocide', other than in your inflammatory posts. Even the ICJ didn't align with your extreme views.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

They were dropped on apartment buildings containing civilians. Claims of "proportionality" reflect an attitude that Palestinian lives are worth less than Israeli lives, a manifestation of racial hatred.

Again this was about bombs on tunnels not "a manifestation of racial hatred." :saai:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

"On the whole, however, the project has had limited success, the officials added. Despite large volumes of water being pumped, many of the tunnels are porous, resulting in seepage into the surrounding soil rather than a deluge through the passageways."

Which would argue very strongly against claims the salt wouldn't affect ground water. In fact, it this is true, it's proof that they are utterly false.

• Confused 2

Just now, ozimoron said:

Which would argue very strongly against claims the salt wouldn't affect ground water. In fact, it this is true, it's proof that they are utterly false.

Go back to previous posts that you've obviously not read

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Go back to previous posts that you've obviously not read

Don't need to, this speaks for itself. Basic soil physics. There is no way that seepage into the soil isn't getting into the ground water. 

Salting the Earth isn't a biblical reference for no reason. This is the work of fundamentalist religious zealots.

And is a war crime.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Don't need to, this speaks for itself. Basic physics. Salting the Earth isn't a biblical reference for no reason. This is the work of fundamentalist religious zealots.

Oh gawd, here come the off topic conspiracy theories..........off you go ozi 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

In an article where no names are mentioned. And "limited success" is one of those phrases that could mean anything up to basically a failure. And once again, this "liimited success" does belie claims of a careful inspection of the soil conditions.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

In an article where no names are mentioned. And "limited success" is one of those phrases that could mean anything up to basically a failure. And once again, this "liimited success" does belie claims of a careful inspection of the soil conditions.

19 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

• Agree 1

you've got nothing placeholder signature.....lol

Strange how you credited the statement from the article when you first posted it and used it to criticize Israel, when it doesn't quite work as you wanted you then start questioning it. Who's got nothing

How is it not the case that the porous soil is allowing salt water to enter the ground water?

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

you've got nothing placeholder signature.....lol

Strange how you credited the statement from the article when you first posted it and used it to criticize Israel, when it doesn't quite work as you wanted you then start questioning it. Who's got nothing?

image.png.7262926b937e7c31ec163289624a4645.png

I haven't tried to discredit it. Just noted that the name of no Israeli has been attached to it. And I can find no trace of the IDF issuing a press release to that effect.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

How is it not the case that the porous soil is allowing salt water to enter the ground water?

It has sometimes, its all in the links that you've not read. I am not going to read them for you

• Like 2

Just now, placeholder said:

I haven't tried to discredit it. Just noted that the name of no Israeli has been attached to it. And I can find no trace of the IDF issuing a press release to that effect.

Yea right

21 minutes ago, placeholder said:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Oh, I thought he was claiming that the IDF had actually conducted soil sampling before deciding to salt the earth. It appears that is not the case and that it was just made up claptrap to minimize an apparent war crime.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

It has sometimes, its all in the links that you've not read. I am not going to read them for you

Utter garbage. I was a farmer for 20 years. It is totally impossible for porous soil not to allow salt seepage into the ground water unless there is no ground water, as in the sahara desert.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Israel is winning. Hamas and their terrorist supporters are losing.

The IDF is killing more and more terrorists everyday - eventually they will kill a lot of them - hopefully all of them.

The Hamas PR is failing - except with the woke liberals in UN and the ignorants in the West who believe their lies.

War is War - and it was started by Hamas - and it will be finished by Israel.

• Like 2