Why Do Thai Women Not Like Fishing?

Neeranam

On 12/7/2023 at 7:31 PM, Ralf001 said:

Yeah I go to a fishing park last Sunday every month..... always plenty of females fishing... whilst the hubbies are kicking back on the beers.

That pretty much described most of our fishing trips back in the US 

Plenty of fishing , just not much catching , well other than a buzz that is. 

Sad so many of you didn't learn to fish with your father.  Stating you dont like fishing is like saying you dont like music, art, or food.    There are hundreds of ways to fish and more species than that.   My wife loves it. She really loves ice fishing I think because not much sun exposure, and most times we are very successful.   Its also not very social as she doesn't like crowds. 

I enjoy kick boating down the Green Sec A flyfishing and hope to take her next year.  I also enjoy the most simple method of small hook and weight with a worm. Fishing in a beautiful mountain stream with fresh air and rarely a biting bug.  I also have had some incredible 5 day live aboard fishing trips to Guadalupe Island and other deep sea fishing trips.   The story how I caught the only sail fish ever in the history of a large diving live aboard company just at the edge of the 9k dropoff near Bimini on the crossing back to Florida that delayed the boat for 2 hours is to long for this post. But sourcing good balliho bait was harder to score than cocaine  and had me miss one island departure. 

Edited by Elkski

Fishing for texas crappie, limit 25, over a legal baited xmas tree deinking a beer is great fun until you have ro fillet 50 fish. That's what 12v electric knives were made for.  Flyfishing for giant bluegill on Pelican lake back in the day when you could catch 1-2 11".  Yes fish can have " shoulders" .  The May cattails only out of the water 1" was the oerfect rime to hit it  so your fly won't snag. Using your own hand tied frog popper patterns.  You can fish with your eyes closed.  Cast, pop it, pop it, hear a swupe! And set the hook. Kite on! 

I have memories of bowfishing late at night in a small texas waterway (slugh) in a small 10' jon boat. Bottle of tequila for two of us  head lamp and a late night of fun.  Bringing a gar home taller than my wife.  Leaving a dozen carp on a buddies driveway at 2 am for fun.   Fishing is a sport that unless you pay for a guide requires much learning and many hand skills. Patience which is a dying human trait. Knot tying, Butchering, Cooking.  Sad you guys are so proud to proclaim your ignorance in such a broad subject

Edited by Elkski