For Expats only. Thinking the unthinkable.

swissie

Putin may want to re-form the Soviet Union but he has enough common sense to know that

invading NATO countries is a death wish.  The real Acid Test will be the Baltic Countries.

Once part of the Soviet Union, now part of NATO.  Could become a flashpoint.

Based on history, no world war ever crossed the Swiss borders, you don't bomb your bank I guess

Napoleon was the only one I recently recall, Caesar too, but that was before Switzerland got into banking

Edited by schweizer
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

If Putin is allowed by the obnoxious isolationist US republicans to win in Ukraine, I would bet the house that they won't stop there. 

I would bet the house that 1000+ Russian oligarchs who bank in the Schweiz will not allow him to upset their bank accounts, many still have non-blocked bank accounts there amounting to billions in assets

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, gargamon said:

As soon as the MAGA morons get Trump elected again, the US will be out of NATO and Czar Putin will be able to do anything he wants with Europe. 

A very horrible but likely outcome if that MAGA Maniac gets back into power again!

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, howerde said:

The Russians are never going to allow the US AND EUROPE to install their nuclear missiles on its border any more than the US would allow Russia to put missiles in Mexico OR Cuba, as for Ukraine t is already game over,  the don't have a an army they are mostly dead, the airforce was wiped out long ago, what happened to the awesome patriot missile  system that was going to protect Kiev the Russians dealt with it, the Russians hold land in Ukraine that is held by a Russian speaking population that is also ethnically Russian, as for invade Europe why would Putin be bothered, America is pulling out fast the Israel crisis has given them the chance to cut their losses and get out like Afghanistan,  Iraq, Libya etc etc  

Remember the US and its allies are prepared to fight til the last Ukrainian (sadly)

you do dream aloy don't you ....

do you really think the US and/or NATO will let Russia take Ukraine and take more countries over ?    The US and NATO could blow Russia right off the face of the earth if they really wanted to or felt threatened by them.    but you keep dreaming Howerde ....   Lol

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1