Thai Sri Insurance/Motor CTPL - Car -

Jumbo1968

I insured my car around August with full Comprehensive Insurance, the Road Tax expires the end of the month, the broker has now said  the Thai Sri Insurance/Motor CTPL - Car - expires on the 28th of December and I have to pay 648 baht to renew it. If I have full comprehensive insurance why do I still need to pay the Thai Sri Insurance/Motor CTPL - Car - ?

6 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I insured my car around August with full Comprehensive Insurance, the Road Tax expires the end of the month, the broker has now said  the Thai Sri Insurance/Motor CTPL - Car - expires on the 28th of December and I have to pay 648 baht to renew it. If I have full comprehensive insurance why do I still need to pay the Thai Sri Insurance/Motor CTPL - Car - ?

That sounds like the government compulsory insurance which you have to have, in addition to nay voluntary insurance. Both of mine renew on the same date and the insurance company handles renewal of both, don't understand why yours don't. Probably because Compulsory was already in place so you have different renewal dates.

1 minute ago, Mike Lister said:

That sounds like the government compulsory insurance which you have to have, in addition to nay voluntary insurance. Both of mine renew on the same date and the insurance company handles renewal of both, don't understand why yours don't. Probably because Compulsory was already in place so you have different renewal dates.

Yes I think you are correct as the garage registered my car for me so they would have had to pay the basic insurance to do this.

• Like 1