Removal of posts and replies!

scottiejohn

I do not know if it is a system or Moderator problem but some posts and replies  seem to disappear without any explanation or notification!

If it is a system problem then I think you should be aware of it!

If however Moderators are removing posts without informing the "offending" poster and their repliers how are the "offenders" going to be informed, or to learn, the error of their ways and make more less offending/deleted posts?

I cannot believe that the only response that I have received to my OP is this E-mail;

"Depends entirely on how many Mods are on duty, the amount that needs to be done. Sometimes there just isn't time.
Forum Support Aseannow.com"

How is a poster to know what was wrong with a post when it is just arbitrarily removed without any chance of feedback/learning from the "experience" or if it is just a glitch and needs/can be reposted?

I believe that if the Mods have time to remove posts they MUST make time to provide feedback even if later if they are short of time(?) when they did the deleting!

10 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

I cannot believe that the only response that I have received to my OP is this E-mail;

"Depends entirely on how many Mods are on duty, the amount that needs to be done. Sometimes there just isn't time.
Forum Support Aseannow.com"

How is a poster to know what was wrong with a post when it is just arbitrarily removed without any chance of feedback/learning from the "experience" or if it is just a glitch and needs/can be reposted?

I believe that if the Mods have time to remove posts they MUST make time to provide feedback even if later if they are short of time(?) when they did the deleting!

Damned if you do and damned if you don't - as a forum Admin and Mod (elsewhere) whilst I empathise with you it does come down to work-load on any given day.  Invision software allows for a notification to be issued upon deletion BUT, this mechanism often leads to abuse or Q's of 'why'.  

Also, a thread or post may simply be hidden, pending approval.

Edited by McTavish