Anyone else hate the shirtless?

georgegeorgia

2 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Your easily upset , lots of things seem to do it .....

regards Worgeordie

Yes your absolutely right

I get very worked up about issues which are not important to others 

But today being hot in Australia reminded me of shirtless farangs walking around some mind you with their shirts tied around their waist !!

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, novacova said:

Maybe they have a thing for you, has any of them asked you out for a date?

No doubt, it’s quite the eyesore. The cops should be handing out eye assault/eye insult citations to those clowns 

Fashion Police be a good idea

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, bignok said:

Fashion Police be a good idea

In cm and northern region it’s considered an insult by many locals mainly in the city and where businesses are. In my wifes village it certainly wouldn’t be recommended to step outside without a shirt on. As I recall, a few months ago here in cm there was a violent altercation because a clown wasn’t wearing a shirt 

Edited by novacova
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Can't say I've seen many shirtless foreigners anywhere but on the beach or around a swimming pool.

You get the odd tuk-tuk driver or Thai labourer walking around with no shirt, but that's about it.

Guess it might be different in Pattaya, but that is a seaside resort.

The fat police in their ultra tight shirts are a bit of an eyesore though!

True that...   I very rarely see foreigners in the streets (away from the beach) who don't have their shirts on.... 

It also seems as though Thai society is perfectly tollerant of the poor old fella in just a sarong... But anyone else will draw disdain. 

The skin-tight police shirts have always seemed somewhat odd... I've still no idea what thats about !!!.. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

What first struck me in your post, is the word 'hate'.

I was reading about the Israel-Palestine conflict, and one narrative suggested that the main problem is the hate that one side had towards the other side. Should be obvious which side has that particular emotion.

And I was thinking that I do not remember ever saying that I hate something, or someone. Never.

Of course in some instance, I do not like something or someone. Emotion that is easily manageable.

So just a thought, if you re-phrased your text, not like, instead of hate, you would certainly feel a lot better all day.

Oh, my apologies, I got carried away from the topic.

So yes, these shirtless people should show respect towards others, particularly Thai people, who do wear a shirt. Even though I never get close enough to them to know if their shirts are smelly or not...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, novacova said:

In cm and northern region it’s considered an insult by many locals mainly in the city and where businesses are. In my wifes village it certainly wouldn’t be recommended to step outside without a shirt on. As I recall, a few months ago here in cm there was a violent altercation because a clown wasn’t wearing a shirt 

So long as he's got his big feet on, and a red nose, a clown can wear whatever other attire he chooses, as far as I am concerned

• Haha 2

I wish I had a body that I could go shirtless with and not scare little children or the elderly.

Mummy, why is that shaggy bear buying a carton of milk in the 7/11 ?

If I had the McConaughey type bod I'd be taking every chance, like he did, to get my kit off.

alright alright alright

• Haha 1