Any wine drinkers here ?

The Cobra

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

Will send you a pm as don't want to fall foul of forum rules!

Not sure why you would fall foul as long as no pics attached?

However can you please send to me as well unless a Phuket only shop.

Thanks.

On 12/10/2023 at 1:40 PM, Jack100 said:

I found that I enjoy the taste of a Merlot  better than others . My question is  whether there is a more 
upmarket Merlot than   you can recommend   ,maybe even keep  for a while ?

Also  are there good Aussie Merlot  wine years  to buy  out here ?

Not sure if I am allowed to say this ;- 

There is a more expensive bottle of  Australian Merlot available , which begins with "  Coon "  at  around 1500 baht.

On 12/10/2023 at 1:40 PM, Jack100 said:

I found that I enjoy the taste of a Merlot  better than others . My question is  whether there is a more 
upmarket Merlot than   you can recommend   ,maybe even keep  for a while ?

Also  are there good Aussie Merlot  wine years  to buy  out here ?

I'm not a Merlot fan myself, especially Australian Merlot because to me it seems to have a "toasted" taste to it – – but that could be my ageing palate.

I would think that the other poster was referring to a Coonawarra Merlot, which I haven't tried, however if you really want to go upmarket and keep one for a while, then seek out some of the finest Merlot wine in the world, which comes from Pomerol in France....... but it will set you back quite a few thousand baht per bottle! However it is available here.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2023 at 4:47 PM, xylophone said:

I'm not a Merlot fan myself, especially Australian Merlot because to me it seems to have a "toasted" taste to it – – but that could be my ageing palate.

I would think that the other poster was referring to a Coonawarra Merlot, which I haven't tried, however if you really want to go upmarket and keep one for a while, then seek out some of the finest Merlot wine in the world, which comes from Pomerol in France....... but it will set you back quite a few thousand baht per bottle! However it is available here.

Thanks xylophone ,good info I'll look into  that . At that price ,  I usually buy one to drink and one to keep.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I found these two in Lotus - Chilean and a good grower Cabernet not my first choice (I prefer Pinot Noir or Malbec) but I think for Thailand not a bad price 449 and 499 Baht. They taste like real wine too

Edited by metisdead
42. You will not advertise, display, promote, review or endorse, directly or indirectly, the name or trademark of any alcoholic beverage. Such actions are potentially in contravention of Section 32 of the Alcoholic Beverage Control Act (2008).