Mae Sot to Mae Sariang

bignok

36 minutes ago, bignok said:

Been to over 60 Thai towns.

Yea, they rack up fast, as long as people leave the barstool.  We've slept in about 20+ different province just this past year.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mae Sot is a medium-good Mae-a Mayanmar mashup, the uniqueness of which is def overstated. Nice waterfall (zzzzz). A bit of the old teak left standing.

Mae Sariang is just a poor village, prob the most under-achieving Mae. If one wanted to study indigenous Islam among tribal people, well, that prob would not be you. 

The Mae you want is Mae Hong Son. That's a Mae where you can kill 3 days. And see long neck people for free, drinking coffee. 

And then you could take your long-suffering GF to Pai, like she actually would prefer.

9 minutes ago, Prubangboy said:

Mae Sot is a medium-good Mae-a Mayanmar mashup, the uniqueness of which is def overstated. Nice waterfall (zzzzz). A bit of the old teak left standing.

Mae Sariang is just a poor village, prob the most under-achieving Mae. If one wanted to study indigenous Islam among tribal people, well, that prob would not be you. 

The Mae you want is Mae Hong Son. That's a Mae where you can kill 3 days. And see long neck people for free, drinking coffee. 

And then you could take your long-suffering GF to Pai, like she actually would prefer.

3rd option cut thru Hot and Mae Chaem

Screenshot_20231210_231940_Maps.jpg

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, bignok said:

Have you driven either of the above routes?

Years ago.  Some stretches are very nice, others, not so much.  I wouldn't bother during smog season.  One time over that side, smog was so bad, they closed MHS airport, as the could see the runway on approach and it's surrounded by hills.  From the one wat on a hill, you could barely see it. image.png.a9ee20fe38d39eff84ac878403534d96.png

On a better day ... such is TH, best during rainy season, and why we don't go north unless it is rainy season.  Can't see a damn thing.

image.png.6fa5d3be048c75a3494d731e2f73b014.png

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Prubangboy said:

MHS is one of the most boring towns in N Thailand.

Getting to and from is rather nice tho.

15 hours ago, bignok said:

20 years is a long time. I can click on your name and read you drivel.

You're too vain to put anyone on an ignore list, you couldn't handle the thought of people commenting about you without your knowledge. Typical of people who always have to have the last say.

• Thumbs Up 1

And another thread becomes useless and handbags at the keyboard.

TAKE NOTE:  bignok didn't start the silliness, and I notice, that he rarely does.  Let that one sink in, don't hurt your F'g selves.

Why so many are on my ignore list.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

I rode the Mae Sot to Mae Sariang route on my ADV150 in late September 2020. Quite scenic along the river border and hills. I did it as part of a 5 week trip from Bangkok back to Bangkok. Also Mae Hong Son, Ban rak Thai and Pai before Chiang Mai on the best part of the Mae Hong Son Loop. Roads were good and quieter on Mae Sot to Mae Sariang. If you have the time then why not. Definitely not boring and a few interesting places to explore such as Mae Kasa hot springs along the way. 

1 hour ago, Lee65 said:

Who's got the biggest ... ignore list.

I have just thought of a really brilliant idea!

Let us create  an AN Data base of all the posters who are on an ignore list and who put them on it.

An even better idea is to conduct a poll/vote on who should be put on such a list and by whom!   I know it is against the rules but the idea of just such a utopian idea really excites me!

:partytime2:

Any takers?