400k marriage visa one year extension

Hi

i have just applied for the one year extension at chengwattana in bangkok. I will be returning in three weeks to have the extension stamped into my passport. 

Regarding the 400k in the bank. Does it have to remain above 400k to show them again when I see them in three weeks ? Or will they not check again ? 

thankyou ! 

Edited by spinshock

The immigration office in Bangkok no longer checks proof of funds when you go back to get the year extension in section L-2 on the date your current under consideration stamp expires.

Just show up with your passport and that blue green receipt they gave you that shows you paid 1,900 baht.

Get a queue ticket from the counter for section L-2, they'll ink the extension in.

I would leave the funds there for the extra two weeks. 

What if you were resected for a technicality, and were ask to correct the discrepancy and resubmit?

Not probable but it happens. If you want to take a chance,I am pretty sure  your imigrassion will not check again . 

At least such has been my experience in Khon Kaen. 

Trat. I always keep mine until the final stamp but in 5yrs they have never asked to see the bank book again, but once on their home visit years ago I was asked to show my bank book, I was not happy about that, it was one officer who used to come, very hot day he ordered me to put a shirt on, then he walked around the house with his shoes on!, I never saw that toss pot again thank god.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks for the replies. 

For the question about the requirements. I will add that you need the new requirement of ‘notification of residence for foreigners’. Do that online and print it out. 

For bangkok, only one set is enough. 

Also two color photos of you and wife at residence printed on one A4 is enough. 

Edited by spinshock
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, spinshock said:

Thanks for the replies. 

For the question about the requirements. I will add that you need the new requirement of ‘notification of residence for foreigners’. Do that online and print it out. 

For bangkok, only one set is enough. 

Also two color photos of you and wife at residence printed on one A4 is enough. 

Your Very lucky, for me 2 copies of everything,+ 6 glossy photosx2 

Keep in mind people the O/P said they're in Bangkok, which a year or so ago STOPPED asking for the bank book to be updated when you went back to get the year extension inked in AND went to a 3 week under consideration stamp.

While it is okay to keep the funds in it is definitely NOT required at Chaengwattana, 

7 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

Keep in mind people the O/P said they're in Bangkok, which a year or so ago STOPPED asking for the bank book to be updated when you went back to get the year extension inked in AND went to a 3 week under consideration stamp.

While it is okay to keep the funds in it is definitely NOT required at Chaengwattana, 

It doesn’t matter where it is in the country, the immigration, before they accept the extension, can at any time within the 30 day under consideration period, ask for the bank details again. The information that you are giving could get the OP in to a problem with his extension.

I cannot edit my reply earlier, so I want to give an update here.

Last year, 2 photos at my residence was enough.

This year, they want me to take new photos and they want 4 photos. (One specifically showing your room number)

So to be safe. Every year take 4 new photos at your residence