Canadian military bases mandate menstruation kits in men’s bathrooms

CharlieH

11 hours ago, Baht Simpson said:

Am I missing something here? I'm by no means an expert on womens menstrual products but the article mentions tampons and pads, presumably from a dispenser. The people that need them will use them and those that don't will ignore them. 

That's it.

From all the pearl clutching and tizziness here you'd think it was the end of western civilization. It might seem strange but it's nothing. No real man would be offended by something so innocuous. 

We ain't offended by the products per se, but by the mentality that says they have to be put in male bathrooms.

If I was using one of those bathrooms and I had a GF  ( real girl ) I'd nick them to give to her. It's not like anyone is going to actually use them if they are in a male bathroom.

BTW, it's that sort of mentality that will see the end of western civilization. Too rotten to survive for much longer.

• Agree 1

On 12/14/2023 at 5:46 PM, charleskerins said:

Do you have a link to corroborate? I found an instance of a male using the female facilities and the females complained to command.

It was a documentary I saw online about 10 years ago.  I believe the Airman was with OSI.  Let me see if the documentary is still available or not.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2023 at 8:50 PM, Kerryd said:

When discussing this issue (trans/non-binary) one has to keep some facts in mind.

For example, Stats Can noted in the 2021 Census that of ALL Canadians aged 15 and above, only 0.36 % "identified" as "trans" or "non-binary.

At the same time I'd been looking for actual numbers, I came across a 2021 American study from the Williams Insititute (part of the University of California) that claimed only about 0.11% of Americans identified as trans/non-binary.

That's it. Barely a tenth of 1% of the US population (or 1/3rd of a percent in Canada).

Now consider how many fewer people would be in something like the military. And keep in mind that the overwhelming majority of "trans" or "non-binary" are men identifying as women. (Especially in sports. How many times have you heard of a woman deciding to identify as a man and entering competitions against other (real) men ? Lets see, doing the math now. 0 plus 0, times 0, carry the 0 and subtract 0 equals - zero  !)

The entire Canadian Forces has been shrunk (by different Liberal gov'ts) from 120,000 in the 70s to 60,000 in the 90s and with Trudeau's budget cuts, will no doubt get even smaller in the near future. I lived through some of that down-sizing in the 90s.

So think about it. A military of 60,000(ish) people. One percent would be 600 and a third of that would be maybe 200 but probably way less as I seriously doubt there are a lot of people identifying as trans/non-binary in the military.

So all this fuss about MAYBE 200 people scattered across scores of bases (and ships) across the country. In reality they are probably looking at less than 50 people in total. And if there are any, you can bet the vast majority of them would be MEN "identifying as women". Not the other way around.

So the reality is, they are doing all this for maybe ONE person.

That's the part that confuses me.  It is such a small part of the population why is the left liberals cowtowing to it or are they that desperate for a cause.

9 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

We ain't offended by the products per se, but by the mentality that says they have to be put in male bathrooms.

If I was using one of those bathrooms and I had a GF  ( real girl ) I'd nick them to give to her. It's not like anyone is going to actually use them if they are in a male bathroom.

BTW, it's that sort of mentality that will see the end of western civilization. Too rotten to survive for much longer.

If the Asian mlitaries put these in their male bathrooms will it be their demise as well? Maybe it's just a small part of western civilization - the anti-science cultists who prefer the days when people had a simpler, less educated view of life??

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

That's the part that confuses me.  It is such a small part of the population why is the left liberals cowtowing to it or are they that desperate for a cause.

All the liberal men probably want to be females and the females probably all want to be men.

I went through a short lived phase where I wanted to be born a female as I could sucker some rich man to support me while I spent all his money, but then I worked with lots of them and changed my mind.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/16/2023 at 4:49 PM, ozimoron said:

If the Asian mlitaries put these in their male bathrooms will it be their demise as well? Maybe it's just a small part of western civilization - the anti-science cultists who prefer the days when people had a simpler, less educated view of life??

I don't think it is a simpler view of life.  We had our issues in the 70's as well Gay men, aids, black white, native Cdn and immigrants.

The big differences are that in those days

you had to be accountable for your beleifs.

There was ot the disparaty of media

we didnot have social media that you could hide from.  If you sent a text it was from your phone under your name not some unknown that you could hide behind.

people back then were also more willing to discuss issues and not label people just because we slightly differed.

Vegetarions were strange but we did not label them nor did we hear them calling us murderers.

Gilrs that played road hockey, climbed trees and played war were not misgendered they were just tomboys that liked playing with their friends.

Businesses ran on making money and providing a good service and good product for a fair price.

This de4cade is going hrough it's own version of the summer of love and glower power,  

The one thing they have not figured out is that like they will once they get into the real world work force and try to raise a family a lot of what they are preaching about disappears.

9 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Do they also supply free condoms, as well?

What about breath mints?

When I was posted to the exotic Orient I was given a free condom. I may be wrong, but I think it was the only one they gave me, so perhaps they thought I could re use it for the entire 2 years.

On 12/14/2023 at 2:12 PM, blazes said:

Much as I despise Trudeau for his hypocrisy and general dumb-a$$ed arrogance, I have to question your assertions there.  The newly introduced free dental care will, when it eventually comes into being, be available only for those aged 87 or more!!   (And it's only for things like check-ups and cleaning.)

Mortgage bailouts? Haven't heard of this one.  Was this some temporary help during Covid?

Legal pot? Mixed reactions.  The pot industry in Canada is a stock market failure.  Most smokers can get cheaper weed from their former illegal suppliers, and prefer to stick with them! (So, not many votes there.)

All in all, Canada is a failed state, well on the way to 3rd world status.  No wonder 3rd world recent immigrants are getting out asap when they find out what it costs to buy even a shack  or when they look for a non-existent doctor or that even bananas are expensive in a banana republic.

I'll only address your mis information regarding the new dental plan

I won't bother with the rest of your take

Starting in January 2024, seniors aged 77 to 86 can then apply. Then in February 2024, seniors aged 72 to 76 can apply. Starting in March 2024, seniors aged 70 to 71 can apply.

And then in May 2024, seniors aged 65 to 69 can start applying.

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Why does the Canadian military even provide menstruation kits? Why isn't it up to the women to provide for themselves, like every woman not in the military has to?

@thaibeachlovers

Mentioned this tidbit to Mrs. Morch. After scolding me for talking nonsense before coffee, she mulled it over and said it was stupid and 'unhygienic' - as in who would take these from a public dispenser.