Do I need a proof of residence certificate.

NONG CHOK

10 hours ago, Fruit Trader said:

March this year I took a friend to the Pattaya transport office for licence renewal, he was armed with yellow book, pink card and the here long time badge. The office refused to accept yellow book or pink card and insisted he apply for residence certificate at Jomtien immigration. 

They do, they don't..... (require a COR, and reject the pink book)..... perhaps they get a call every now and again from immigration when takings are down!

I don't understand why I need to show my residential address at Jomtien Immigration office. Considering I've used this address for the past 8 years when applying for one year visas and also 90 days reports. It has to be on their data base.

5 hours ago, NONG CHOK said:

I don't understand why I need to show my residential address at Jomtien Immigration office. Considering I've used this address for the past 8 years when applying for one year visas and also 90 days reports. It has to be on their data base.

Why don't you go down to immigration and ask your questions. 

They have all the answers. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

They do, they don't..... (require a COR, and reject the pink book)..... perhaps they get a call every now and again from immigration when takings are down!

Yes the old they do they don't story, and it's quite believable that immigration need the cash or maybe even have a cash share agreement with the land transport office.

In an attempt to clear up any confusion; the brother in law called the Pattaya land transport office today to ask about yellow book status. He was passed over to the dept checking licence paperwork.

The following information was given although I doubt if this applies to all offices :-

The Pattaya office has not accepted the yellow book for several years when applying or renewing a licence that covers all of Thailand. Some exceptions were made during the Covid lockdown period.

The Yellow book is acceptable if a Chonburi area only licence is required.

The office has decided an immigration resident paper is more reliable for obtaining up to date residence status because it is connected with the latest TM30 information.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Provincial variations; a little further south, this morning for my motorcycle and car licences at Chanthaburi - I'd checked what they wanted by phone yesterday - requested my passport plus pink ID card and yellow house book as proof of identity/address.

Arrived ten minutes before opening and was customer #2. Didn't even charge for the multiple photocopies of those items  (two copies for each licence), a 10/10 for service.:clap2:

On 12/13/2023 at 9:47 AM, topt said:

Don't you still have to be there to have your picture taken or have they got round that now?

Yeh they take your medical exam for you, and do the reaction test for you too LOL just joking :cheesy:

Its just a hand holding exercise IMO.