Feeling virginal - applying for first time for retirement extension on my non-O non-Imm in Chiang Mai

23 minutes ago, Des1 said:

So, you now have a 90 day non-imm O visa? Since you tried for the extension too soon.

MUCH too soon but I'm a "sooner rather than later" type of person - better than to turn up three days before it expires and told I'm too late. Now to get all the forms and info in the posts above and be pitch-perfect in 40 days time.

Edited by nglodnig
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, nglodnig said:

MUCH too soon but I'm a "sooner rather than later" type of person - better than to turn up three days before it expires and told I'm too late. Now to get all the forms and info in the posts above and be pitch-perfect in 40 days time.

The reason I ask, it helps if you are clear about what you are doing, it's easier for us to reply. I just received my FIRST one year extension today for the non-imm O visa. My bank statement was for 3 months, which was accepted at CW, no problem. There is no need for a 12 or 6 month record, since you only need to show no more than 3 months at 800,000 bt, because you are applying before the 90 day expires. This is my experience as of today. I can answer any questions you have.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Des1 said:

My bank statement was for 3 months, which was accepted at CW, no problem.

Would suggest that CW would not have required a bank statement especially for first extension.

Photocopies showing balance 800k for 2 months  prior to day of application together with bank letter and activity in account on day of application would be acceptable. 

2 hours ago, Des1 said:

I can answer any questions you have

Meanwhile I THINK I have done a successful online TM30, my bank book will have almost six months of entries with foreign deposits, and I even have Thai medical insurace! I think I'm good to go at the moment - next,find out which forms to fill out, got some passport photoes and try again. Thanks again for your help and offer.

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Photocopies showing balance 800k for 2 months  prior to day of application together with bank letter and activity in account on day of application would be acceptable. 

I'm doing it the 65k a month foreign deposit way which I have been doing for two years or more with proof from the bank (shows as international transfer)

I also have a certificate from my (private) pension provider to show the necessary funds will be paid in every month which worked for the visa.

BTW I am doing this from Chiang Mai and I am told they are low on the anal index when it comes to retirement extensions.

Edited by nglodnig
yet more info

8 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Would suggest that CW would not have required a bank statement especially for first extension.

I agree, but there seems to be endless confusion about what financial docs they want, so adding one more covers all the bases. Made me feel more confident and cost 100bt. The IO looked it over and added it to the file.

8 hours ago, nglodnig said:

Meanwhile I THINK I have done a successful online TM30, my bank book will have almost six months of entries with foreign deposits, and I even have Thai medical insurace! I think I'm good to go at the moment - next,find out which forms to fill out, got some passport photoes and try again. Thanks again for your help and offer.

I downloaded the TM7 form and filled it in at home. When I got to CW they gave me a "new" version of the form to fill out. oiii. Funny thing is, I had my girlfriend fill in the address part in Thai, figuring they would appreciate that. I was lucky to have the address in english on some old insurance form I still had in my folder.

8 hours ago, nglodnig said:

again, just to pass along my experience at CW obtaining my first non-imm O one year extension .. I thought my TM30 (and lease agreement) would be enough but a senior IO came to me and said I needed to provide the condo owner's House Registration and Land Title Deed. So I had to leave and return next day with the docs. Everyone has a different experience dealing with immigration it seems.

On 12/12/2023 at 10:40 PM, worgeordie said:

I always give them 12 months copies of statements , and been Bangkok Bank have to get it from Bangkok .

regards worgeordie

you can get six month statements from Bangkok Bank, so I get one at six months and one at twelve months. I go to the bank once every month so no extra work for me.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 12/13/2023 at 2:36 PM, worgeordie said:

You are talking about Chiang Mai Office ? ,I do exactly the same as you ,leave money in bank , some

other offices seem to want only a 6 month statement , but I have always given a 12 month one there.

as in the past they may have told me that's what they require .

regards worgeordie

Yes, Chiangmai.  When I get my bank letter I'll ask whether they are being asked to prepare 6 or 12 month statements by folks doing extensions. 

9 hours ago, Des1 said:

again, just to pass along my experience at CW obtaining my first non-imm O one year extension .. I thought my TM30 (and lease agreement) would be enough but a senior IO came to me and said I needed to provide the condo owner's House Registration and Land Title Deed. So I had to leave and return next day with the docs. Everyone has a different experience dealing with immigration it seems.

TM30 should be done by the condo(home) owner, or management company .. not you.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Des1 said:

TM30 should be done by the condo(home) owner, or management company .. not you.

The TM30 online site let me add it no problem (I used my wifes ID card and the house book)  and I show up at the property when I do a search

• Like 1

On 12/12/2023 at 5:49 PM, nglodnig said:

First time EVER I have got a visa (always came on non-exempt) and want to apply for reitrement extension - arrived last Saturday and have 90 days. Went to CM Airpiort immigration office today after making an appointment online and the whole thing was farcical.

Told to come back in 40+ days time as I am "too early" - bring a completed form (which one?) and go to "information" and then wait, it seems.

Why farcical? When you are at the Imm Office, before entering the main building, look to the left. There is a rather helpful information counter with good english speaking assistants, and all possible forms.

• 1 month later...

Update for anyone intrested: went today with all forms, six months bank statements (all our local brance could do there) waited ovr an hour and a half becore I saw someone. First problem, the form they gave me on the first visit was WRONG - I need a PM7 not PM87. How stupid of me no to notice.

Second problem, "volunteeer" said I need a certificate with the bank statements. Off to BBL branch in Central Airport Plaza, got it less than ahour. Then presented the documents to the desk - "no good! Must be 12 months!" I grabbed my "volunteer" who said that's stupid you only arrived in December, he talked to the uniformed one who was insistent. Back to my LOCAL branch, this time ordered TWELVE months - pick up next week. At least I hope it is 12 - from 01/02/23 to yesterday, 51 weeks - think they'll mind?