Phat Kaphrao ranked third best dish in the world by Taste Atlas

webfact

image.jpeg

The popular Thai dish Phat Kaphrao has been declared the third best dish in the world by Taste Atlas, a renowned online food website.

The accolade highlights the dish’s unique blend of flavors and ingredients that have captivated food enthusiasts worldwide.

Phat Kaphrao is known for its flavorful combination of minced meat or seafood with holy basil, shallots, garlic, and chili peppers, has earned this prestigious ranking from Taste Atlas.

This traditional Thai stir-fry is a testament to Thai cuisine, which itself was ranked 17th globally in a recent survey by Taste Atlas. Thai cuisine’s position on the list places it just ahead of South Korean cuisine, and follows top-ranked cuisines from Italy, Japan, and Greece.

By Online Reporter 

Full story: HUA HIN TODAY 2023-12-14

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

That is an interesting list in the article.

Nothing from the UK or the USA in the top 50. (No surprise there.)

#1 Picanha is very tasty but in a different price range to # 2 and # 3.

Why no surprise? Scottish beef "Aberdeen Angus" second (I would say best) in the world so a british steak dinner is no where! Then one of the nicest bits of beef I've had was American buffalo/bison while in Canada again no where to be seen. So many game foods readily available and nothing... mince and chilli wow......lol

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BritScot said:

Why no surprise? Scottish beef "Aberdeen Angus" second (I would say best) in the world so a british steak dinner is no where! Then one of the nicest bits of beef I've had was American buffalo/bison while in Canada again no where to be seen. So many game foods readily available and nothing... mince and chilli wow......lol

I've had some beautiful farmed venison in New Zealand, and foie gras in France, with probably the best steak I've ever had being in a restaurant in St Petersburg, USA.

I do like Thai food, and occasionally cook it, and I do like the flavours and the taste of chili in it – – as for anything to do with British food, well maybe my taste buds were ruined by my mother's efforts, which were nothing short of awful/disastrous hence the reason I haven't eaten it in years.

As someone else has said, "it is all subjective" because people's palates are different and whereas some folks like spicy food, others don't and so on.......

• Thumbs Up 1

IMO it’s difficult to generalize USA American food… there’s a melting pot of many different cultures.. Los Angeles for example neighborhoods like China Town, Thai, Vietnamese, S. Korea,Hispanic, Greek , Italian etc…. and McDonalds ( threw that in for laughs’

I wonder where they ate it.

I've had some lovely krapow but equally some awful versions.

I associate it with a meal I eat when I can't decide what else I want.

Tastes great but ask yourself, if you're at a buffet and have international food or Panang, Tom Yum, and other Thai food on offer and sitting there is kaprow...would you bother with it?

Decent grub but nowhere near top cuisine.

• Agree 2

Of course it is. What complete rubbish. Why do they keep pushing this absolute nonsense. Taste Atlas is obviously not the 1st, 2nd or 3rd authority on culinary delights. I wonder where turducken comes in on this list?

image.png.a061fdd8a82710ce996f76318917126a.png

Edited by dinsdale
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Of course it is. What complete rubbish. Why do they keep pushing this absolute nonsense. 

What? Who is pushing what here?

I wonder where turducken comes in on this list?

Hopefully it is too bland to even make the list. Yuck.

5 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

What? Who is pushing what here?

Hopefully it is too bland to even make the list. Yuck.

Chicken stuffed into a duck stuffed into a turkey and slow roasted. Yep! I'm sure thats bland. Of course it will be even blander when a pheasant in stuffed into the chicken and a quail is stuffed into the pheasant. Absolutely horrible I'm sure.

1 hour ago, Barnet1900 said:

I wonder where they ate it.

I've had some lovely krapow but equally some awful versions.

I associate it with a meal I eat when I can't decide what else I want.

Tastes great but ask yourself, if you're at a buffet and have international food or Panang, Tom Yum, and other Thai food on offer and sitting there is kaprow...would you bother with it?

Decent grub but nowhere near top cuisine.

I like it for breakfast when I have a hangover. Spicy but not too spicy with a runny fried egg. Pad Kaphrao Moo Sap Phet Nit Deow Kai Dow Mai Sook.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 1