Homosexual TV shows, movies

CanadaSam

3 hours ago, Voodoochile said:

Most parents would disagree.

As would billions of people on the planet  

For it is still considered illegal in 64 UN member states. 
And I’m not from the US💁🏼‍♂️

But nice try though👍👏

Congratulations outing yourself as a homophobe, although we already knew that. Perhaps some of the other homophobes here will come out of the closet now. :smile:

• Thumbs Up 2

FFS .. how the hell does a homo/TV thread turn into an anti/Yank/USA thread.

Y'all got some issues to work out that go way past gender and sexual preferences. 

Even though I chose to leave, the USA, it can't be that bad, as millions try to go there every year.  And not for the TV programming :giggle:

Edited by KhunLA

4 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

FFS .. how the hell does a homo/TV thread turn into an anti/Yank/USA thread.

Y'all got some issues to work out that go way past gender and sexual preferences. 

Even though I chose to leave, the USA, it can't be that bad, as millions try to go there every year.  And not for the TV programming :giggle:

Most go because they're personally desperate, not because they think the US is a shining city on.the hill.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Most go because they're personally desperate, not because they think the US is a shining city on.the hill.

Not the ones that enter legally, through the proper visa process.  They are far from desperate.  And there are years long waiting lists, depending what country you are applying from.

Still very much the land of opportunity, for those that apply themselves.   Or simply those (docs of IN & TH) who want better training & accreditation.   Trained in USA ... hmm, read or heard that lately.

Edited by KhunLA

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Not the ones that enter legally, through the proper visa process.  They are far from desperate.  And there are years long waiting lists, depending what country you are applying from.

Still very much the land of opportunity, for those that apply themselves.   Or simply those (docs of IN & TH) who want better training & accreditation.   Trained in USA ... hmm, read or heard that lately.

I don't feel it's objective to either be gung ho on how great the USA is OR to trash it as the worse country on earth. It is neither. Ease of class mobility is better in Europe. I agree of course that the USA is attractive to many foreign students. But it is certainly not "THE" land of opportunity. That's propaganda. There is opportunity there, we see cases like Elon Musk and project that to average people and it doesn't quite add up. Say you want to open a restaurant in the U.S. vs. opening one in most countries in the world and compare the start up costs

On 12/16/2023 at 3:13 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

I don't know any straight man who wants to live like a gay.

Because if he would live like a gay then he would be gay. It's kind of obvious. 

So gay men who act straight are straight? :unsure: Or does it only apply the other way around? 

4 minutes ago, Baht Simpson said:

So gay men who act straight are straight? :unsure: Or does it only apply the other way around? 

That question doesn't interest me but I want to say that a large percentage of gay men (in my opinion the majority globally) are perceived as straight in public without the need of any acting. It is sad when gay men who don't feel the need to act like something they are not. That's internalized homophobia. 

Edited by Jingthing

5 minutes ago, Baht Simpson said:

You have to ask gay men why they do what they do. I guess for some in some situations it makes life easier if they pretend they are not gay.

I, as a straight man, never thought it would be an advantage in any situation to pretend to be gay.

But then, I never applied for a job in woke company. ;) 

28 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I don't feel it's objective to either be gung ho on how great the USA is OR to trash it as the worse country on earth. It is neither. Ease of class mobility is better in Europe. I agree of course that the USA is attractive to many foreign students. But it is certainly not "THE" land of opportunity. That's propaganda. There is opportunity there, we see cases like Elon Musk and project that to average people and it doesn't quite add up. Say you want to open a restaurant in the U.S. vs. opening one in most countries in the world and compare the start up costs

One does have to apply themselves.   I did retire at 45/46 yrs old.  All my brothers & their wives retired early.  Most people, friends & peers, have retired early, or quite enjoy what they are doing and continue to work, but now by necessity.

Flip side, you got 10s of 1000s, if not more, that have chose to live on the streets.   Other risking life & limb to enter, to work, or simply live on all the free bennies.   If you make it to California, you can ever get a sex/gender transition for free, if an undocumented alien/illegal immigrant ... :cheesy:

What's not to love ❤

Unless you're a veteran of course, then you have to Q up for months, and you might get treated for something.

Edited by KhunLA

16 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

That question doesn't interest me but I want to say that a large percentage of gay men (in my opinion the majority globally) are perceived as straight in public without the need of any acting. It is sad when gay men who don't feel the need to act like something they are not. That's internalized homophobia. 

That's much more the case now but in the past there were obviously very good reasons for not publically admitting you were gay. These days it's mostly limited to certain countries with anti-gay laws. In the West it's more a matter of choice and I don't think it's necessarily always internalised homophobia.

Edited by Baht Simpson

7 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I, as a straight man, never thought it would be an advantage in any situation to pretend to be gay.

There have been males on Tiktok prancing around and pretending to be gay for increased likes. That's the world we live in now. 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I think the US is a great country, probably the greatest in the world. 

And I think you are wrong about "class" mobility being better in Europe. 

17 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Unless they really want to look gay, how do gay men look different than straight men? Do they not just look like men? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Unless they really want to look gay, how do gay men look different than straight men? Do they not just look like men? 

Oh please, were you born yesterday?

Some gay men and it starts early are just VISIBLE and they can't hide it to save their lives.

I see a similarity to Jews. Even without symbols like Stars and caps, many Jews just appear ethnically as Jews to everyone and many of course can easily pass. 

Edited by Jingthing

On 12/18/2023 at 7:55 PM, MangoKorat said:

Given the major advances in gay rights etc. over the last 25 years or so - and righfully so. I find it interesting that normal people are now expected to accept and even view homosexual behaviour - even regard it as normal.

Personally, I think all this LGBTQ+++++  inclusivity etc has taken acceptance back a few steps. 

I also think classifying sexualtity as normal or not normal is a silly as trying to tell people what type of food they should enjoy. 

Edited by n00dle
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Some gay men and it starts early are just VISIBLE and they can't hide it to save their lives.

I see a similarity to Jews.

Arent you both? What a hoot that must be. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

You have to ask gay men why they do what they do. I guess for some in some situations it makes life easier if they pretend they are not gay.

Tell a woman you're gay, and never sampled a real woman before, and doubt it would be better.   She'll want to covert you and try very hard to ... :cheesy:

Edited by KhunLA

On 12/14/2023 at 7:58 PM, CanadaSam said:

I just don't get it.  When I was younger, there was never any type of gay sex or even kissing on TV, movies.

Now, it seems that almost every show has gay scenes, and I'm worried about the impact it has on youngsters.

It really seems like TV, movies make it look like it's perfectly normal, and I don't believe that it is!

I mean if everyone was gay, there would be no next generation of humans, right?

When I young there were no people of color in TV commercials, or movies and TV programs (black face not withstanding)... Then one person in some commercials, and over time all commercials and TV shows and movies... Today it is matter of course (as it should be).

They are using the same play book to condition acceptance of the gay world... I don't really mind if there is a gay scene because it follows or adds to the theme... but drop them as a "token" is offensive.

Now... here is the thing... I do not know the validity of this number pulled from answers dot com... 79.75% of the world population are people of color... 4% are non-heterosexual... I really don't appreciate the values of the 4% being forced into my living room or the kids universe uninvited... Even Dracula has to be invited in... This is of course just my opinion given with no ill intent . You are equally entitled to your own.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Baht Simpson said:

Congratulations outing yourself as a homophobe, although we already knew that. Perhaps some of the other homophobes here will come out of the closet now. :smile:

Is calling me a homophobe supposed to hurt or embarrasse me?? Cause it really doesn’t💁🏼‍♂️💁🏼‍♂️ I am not one to be held hostage by a a term such as homophobe or any other for that matter, I will always give my honest opinion no matter what.

so thank you baht for you congrats I am very proud to be who I am and 

also enjoy the fact that I can be myself sexually speaking anywhere on the planet without being considered illegal which is more then you can say.

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I'm from the States and know the truth... That said... how many hopefuls have you interviewed, or even listened to the interviews? Why are some crossing oceans to enter through the southern border? Why are they not going to other countries, closer countries... say your country?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Iamloki said:

I'm from the States and know the truth

Quoting that you "know the truth" because you are from the USA is laughable given your country's in chief liar, the MEGATrump, is telling them all the time!

11 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Quoting that you "know the truth" because you are from the USA is laughable given your country's in chief liar, the MEGATrump, is telling them all the time!

Trump Trump Trump. 

We know you guys hate the US, we don't we love it. 

31 minutes ago, Voodoochile said:

Is calling me a homophobe supposed to hurt or embarrasse me?? Cause it really doesn’t💁🏼‍♂️💁🏼‍♂️ I am not one to be held hostage by a a term such as homophobe or any other for that matter, I will always give my honest opinion no matter what.

so thank you baht for you congrats I am very proud to be who I am and 

also enjoy the fact that I can be myself sexually speaking anywhere on the planet without being considered illegal which is more then you can say.

You know, I've never used the H word on here before, preferring "anti-LGBT" and giving people the benefit of their opinions. However, after your reply to JB (attached) and insistance on commenting negatively on every LGBT+ issue I don't see how we can get around it. And your final comment above only serves to confirm this. Pretty awful that you would find comfort in that. 

ure.JPG

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

We know you guys hate the US, we don't we love it. 

Where did I say that I hated the US or that I was speaking for anyone else?

I questioned why anyone would connect being an American Citizen with truthfulness given the MEGATrump's monumental track record of lying!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Baht Simpson said:

You know, I've never used the H word on here before, preferring "anti-LGBT" and giving people the benefit of their opinions. However, after your reply to JB (attached) and insistance on commenting negatively on every LGBT+ issue I don't see how we can get around it. And your final comment above only serves to confirm this. Pretty awful that you would find comfort in that. 

ure.JPG

I already told you I don’t give a rats ass about being called “the H word” and Why did you not attach my entire reply to JB?

and yes I repeat most parents would disagree and  so do 64 UN member countries where your practice is considered a crime.

and don’t be mistaken I’m am not comfortable with it I am PROUD of it.

Anything else??

6 minutes ago, Voodoochile said:

I already told you I don’t give a rats ass about being called “the H word”

and don’t be mistaken I’m am not comfortable with it I am PROUD of it.

Just so we're clear.  

And I delete parts of people's messages that don't relate to the point I'm making, otherwise misunderstandings occur.

1 minute ago, Baht Simpson said:

Just so we're clear.  

And I delete parts of people's messages that don't relate to the point I'm making, otherwise misunderstandings occur.

Fair enough but in that case if you could be more precise and not say “your reply” but part of your reply or even just quote the part your interested in.

On 1/6/2024 at 6:12 PM, thaicurious said:

The foundation of life and evolution, huh? Fix your skirt dear, your dirty ignorance is showing.

https://pressbooks-dev.oer.hawaii.edu/biology/chapter/cell-division/#:~:text=The continuity of life from,of two new daughter cells.

"BIOLOGY

Cell Reproduction

Cell Division

Learning Objectives

By the end of this section, you will be able to:

Describe the structure of prokaryotic and eukaryotic genomes

Distinguish between chromosomes, genes, and traits

Describe the mechanisms of chromosome compaction

The continuity of life from one cell to another has its foundation in the reproduction of cells by way of the cell cycle. The cell cycle is an orderly sequence of events that describes the stages of a cell’s life from the division of a single parent cell to the production of two new daughter cells." (bolding mine)

So you can take the heterosexuality you think superior and shove where the sun don't shine because "THE FOUNDATION OF LIFE and evolution" (your words) IS ASEXUAL Single Cell Division, NOT HETEROsexuality

The goal of every single living species is survival through evolution for this to occur each species are gifted with the ability ( not obligation) to procreate naturally (as intended) by nature two people of the same sex cannot achieve this naturally they can only do so with the help of a third party or science which is what you are referring to when talking about cell division etc.  So yes like it or not it is the foundation of life as it has been from the beginning of time and no mad scientist no matter how many cells they split, glue, can change that.

no need to try and lose us or “drown the fish” with endless technical medical terms it’s really simple and has always been. Everything else is fantasy to try and justify something that can’t be.

the same kind of BS you guys try to pull to explain the so called existence of 40+ genders just doesn’t exist💁🏼‍♂️💁🏼‍♂️

Edited by Voodoochile
  • Sad 1