Cd Printing In Thailand - Printing On The Cd Itself

poorfarang

Are there any companies in Thailand that offer cd printing services? Here in USA I can email a picture to a print shop and they silkscreen my image in perfect color resolution directly onto a blank cd. I then take these blank cd's and can burn them when I want.

Anyone know of a place where I can get this done?

You can do it at home, with a printer that costs around 2,000 baht. A lot of inkjet printers have the ability to do this, all you need is a CD with a printable surface. If you don't want to do it yourself, there are stores at Pantip and IT Mall which will do it for you (they also use inkjet printers). The one that I know of is called "Sunshine".

Are there any companies in Thailand that offer cd printing services? Here in USA I can email a picture to a print shop and they silkscreen my image in perfect color resolution directly onto a blank cd. I then take these blank cd's and can burn them when I want.

Look up Lightscribe on Google. Some optical burning drives support this feature but you will need Lightscribe software.

Guest Reimar

Look up Lightscribe on Google. Some optical burning drives support this feature but you will need Lightscribe software.

Lightscribe is good but you've 1 color only (black) and not very bright! In Thailand they have the golden CD/DVD only not other colors.

Epson Printer are a good choice, I use an R210 and R230which are 4 years old already but without any Problems. Sometimes I print more 1000 CD's at time. The color from Epson last quite long as long as you use Pigment ink (DuraBrite) if you use Tank's. This Ink is used in Epson Plotter's also. A bit more expensive but that pay's off!

Edited by Reimar

Thanks for the advice.

I really dont want to do it myself. For one, Id like it to be extremely high quality, which means it will need to be done using thermal printing and not inkjet. Id rather not buy a thermal printer because they cost between $3,000 and $5,000 USD. I dont mind paying a premium to have someone make the discs for me.

Ive seen some inkjet discs that look pretty good but I dont want to keep buying ink and what not as I will be making quite a few.

Also, I will need a small custom box made to hold my product. Does anybody know where I Can get a nice colorful little box made? It has to be big enough to hold a few dvd cases but thats it.

Sorry, I haven't seen any shops that do thermal printing, or anything nice like that. Most people are satisfied with normal inkjet printing, as it can be very high quality. Any higher and you just go into production CD (manufactured CDs, not CDRs), and that requires really high production number (in the thousands) to be feasible.

Custom boxes can probably be done at crafts shops.

Do you know any of the specifics on manufacered cd's?

I see all these fake cds for sale all over the streets and some of them have nice printings on them so it must be a technology that is available. Is it possible to get an inkjet printed cd that looks like a standard store bought cd? There are no smears or fades or obvious printing lines on them?

Can you tell me more about the boxes. What kind of craft shops in Bangkok? Ive never seen one.

go to pantip .. walk across the 'open foyer' ..

now, facing the 2nd floor lunch area .. look up & to your right, above the escalators .. 4 / 5 floor has a shop that backs up to the foyer.. they have a 1.5m x 1.5m window sign in english / white background W/ red block letters saying something about burning / editing cds/ dvs/

cute employee / lass that can make photoshop walk & talk ..+ she lets you participate in her 'very quickly design'

they use the afore mentioned epson printer for less than 200 copies

they get there about noonish.

main shop is on the same floor in the corner.

name?