Short term health care insurance?

Chris77

Hello,

This is the situation: I extended my return flight for another 6 months, and my current travel insurance has expired today. Meanwhile my plans has changed and I will propably fly back in a 2 months. But now some insurance I was looking for can only provide an insurance for this 6 months and not just for 2 months. Is there a way just to get a simple health care insurance for a 2 months for thailand only? no travel insurance?

thank you

As far as I am aware, Thai insurers only offer annual cover for health insurance.

I think you will find this to be the case for health insurance from almost any major international insurer as well, although there may be niche insurers that offer such cover. I would expect it to be expensive in any event.

Edited by Etaoin Shrdlu

Run of the mill travel insurance, covering most health issues isn't very expensive. Plus it covers other issues you might run into here anyway. I'd try extending the previous one (contact insurer/agent, see what they can do for you), or buy one off the internet from a reputable service. Trying to recall the one we used when facing a similar issue, but that apple whiskey comes in the way.