The Children of Gaza = More than 7000 Killed.

CharlieH

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

There isn't going to be a two state solution by magic. Currently, NEITHER side wants that, and this current war has made things considerably worse (and it's not over). 

Arab allies of the U.S. have said they’ll only get involved in post-war reconstruction if there’s a credible push toward a two-state solution, which is unlikely under the Netanyahu government dominated by opponents of Palestinian statehood.

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/wartime-palestinian-poll-shows-surge-hamas-support-close-105619240

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Arab allies of the U.S. have said they’ll only get involved in post-war reconstruction if there’s a credible push toward a two-state solution, which is unlikely under the Netanyahu government dominated by opponents of Palestinian statehood.

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/wartime-palestinian-poll-shows-surge-hamas-support-close-105619240

Other than Qatar, the others are weary of putting up funds that might service Hamas. Been that way for years. So unless that's addressed, not sure what their position will be. Other than that, they say a whole lot of things - wait and see is a better approach. I doubt anyone expects something will change very quickly, or radically on that front.

Just now, Morch said:

Other than Qatar, the others are weary of putting up funds that might service Hamas. Been that way for years. So unless that's addressed, not sure what their position will be. Other than that, they say a whole lot of things - wait and see is a better approach. I doubt anyone expects something will change very quickly, or radically on that front.

Waiting? While more bombs are being dropped on Palestinian territory than in any war in history in the last 3 weeks alone? (previously linked)

• Confused 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

No point, you keep wandering off into lala land accusing me of having all manner of false opinions.

Let me ask you a question. We all know that Netanyahu and Putin are cosy. Recently I posted an article which credibly accused bot Russia and Netyahu of materially supporting Israel. Where was the outrage about that? It was crickets.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

No point, you keep wandering off into lala land accusing me of having all manner of false opinions.

Nope, that would be you doing that. Projecting much? Haven't 'accused' you of anything that was not clear from your posts.

You cannot address anything in a realistic manner, or without resorting to rhetoric which makes discussion possible.

Not expecting this will change. It's how you roll.

2 minutes ago, Morch said:

Nope, that would be you doing that. Projecting much? Haven't 'accused' you of anything that was not clear from your posts.

You cannot address anything in a realistic manner, or without resorting to rhetoric which makes discussion possible.

Not expecting this will change. It's how you roll.

You directly accused me of supporting Hamas. That was a lie.

• Confused 1

Let me ask you a question. We all know that Netanyahu and Putin are cosy. Recently I posted an article which credibly accused bot Russia and Netyahu of materially supporting Israel. Where was the outrage about that? It was crickets.

I don't know what you're about or how this is even remotely on topic. Don't recall the article, even.

Other than that, what did you mean? Russia materially supporting Israel? Netanyahu materially supporting Israel? You don't make any sense.

As deflections go, this is an odd one.

Can't even understand what I'm supposed to be 'outraged' about.

2 minutes ago, Morch said:

I don't know what you're about or how this is even remotely on topic. Don't recall the article, even.

Other than that, what did you mean? Russia materially supporting Israel? Netanyahu materially supporting Israel? You don't make any sense.

As deflections go, this is an odd one.

Can't even understand what I'm supposed to be 'outraged' about.

this is what I'm referring to. Not surprising that the usual suspects can't recall it.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/for-years-netanyahu-propped-up-hamas-now-its-blown-up-in-our-faces/

• Confused 1

This would be you not reading topics again. Was discussed already.

Here's the thing - how many people died in them Japan bombings? How many in Gaza? That difference between hyperbole and reality.

It makes for a nice headline, there's that.

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

that doesn't back up your claim though . 

You seem to have made a false claim  

False claim and a false claim that a link was previously provided 

"Waiting? While more bombs are being dropped on Palestinian territory than in any war in history in the last 3 weeks alone? (previously linked)"

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

this is what I'm referring to. Not surprising that the usual suspects can't recall it.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/for-years-netanyahu-propped-up-hamas-now-its-blown-up-in-our-faces/

Go and read your post again, it made no sense. You claimed support for Israel, not Hamas. You also mentioned Putin and he is not mentioned in the article linked. So yeah....it wasn't clear what you were on about.

As for the link it's nothing new. More details for sure, but the basics were pretty much known. It was one of the things Netanyahu was criticized on in Israeli press and politics.

You expect 'outrage' because it's news to you. Goes to show how much you know on stuff discussed.

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

that doesn't back up your claim though . 

You seem to have made a false claim  

False claim and a false claim that a link was previously provided 

"Waiting? While more bombs are being dropped on Palestinian territory than in any war in history in the last 3 weeks alone? (previously linked)"

You want to try to establish that's it's not true? The actual link was something like Israel dropped more bombs in one week than the US dropped in Afghanistan in a year. Between that and the hiroshima comparison I'd say my conclusion is close to a slam dunk.

• Confused 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

You want to try to establish that's it's not true? The actual link was something like Israel dropped more bombs in one week than the US dropped in Afghanistan in a year. Between that and the hiroshima comparison I'd say my conclusion is close to a slam dunk.

Vietnam and Laos would like to have a word about your claim 

Just now, Morch said:

Go and read your post again, it made no sense. You claimed support for Israel, not Hamas. You also mentioned Putin and he is not mentioned in the article linked. So yeah....it wasn't clear what you were on about.

As for the link it's nothing new. More details for sure, but the basics were pretty much known. It was one of the things Netanyahu was criticized on in Israeli press and politics.

You expect 'outrage' because it's news to you. Goes to show how much you know on stuff discussed.

I see you didn't mention the bombshell revelation that blows all your anti Gazan rhetoric out of the water. The fact that Netanyahu ensured Hamas very survival doesn't make a dent on your conscience?

• Confused 1

I see you didn't mention the bombshell revelation that blows all your anti Gazan rhetoric out of the water. The fact that Netanyahu ensured Hamas very survival doesn't make a dent on your conscience?

Don't you ever listen to what others say ?

That point has been addressed numerous times 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Anti-Gazan? Anti-Hamas, perhaps. Anti-Gazan would be something you made up.

As for the rest - you do not read topics.

I've posted often (on current topics and in the past) much criticism of Netanyahu. Including on this score.

The fact that Netanyahu is what he is, doesn't absolve Hamas, doesn't impact Israel's right to retaliate.

I hope Netanyahu will pay a political price for this, at the very least.

Again, you're late to the party.

9 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Can't get past anybody having more than one eye can you? Makes your head explode by the look of the insults that fly.

I keep to the truth and don't make pathetic denials about the kids in Gaza receiving terrorist training including if you had watched the vids re enactments of hostage taking.

But don't let the vids fool you, its not only physical activities, its in the written curriculum too which is just as bad, if not worse and we are talking about UN run schools and teachers. They reformed their textbooks in 2014 to 2016 and the result is a curriculum with no mention of a possibility of peace with Israel, but which does contain antisemitism, enthusiasm about violence, examples of how jihad is the most important thing in life, that death is better than life, that it's good to cut an enemy's throat.

[student]"I'm ready to stab a Jew and drive [a car] over them." Another says: "We have to constantly stab them, drive over them and shoot them." Yet another adds: "Stabbing and running over the Jews brings dignity to the Palestinians. I'm going to run them over and stab them with knives."

It's the school system that wields the greatest influence on the awareness and ethos of a society. And what they teach the children in the Palestinian school system – where most of them study at UNRWA schools – is that Israel is an amorphous thing, not even a state, a Zionist entity, and that it must be destroyed," she explains. "The goal of the school system is not to discuss the 1967 borders, but to return to the pre-1948 situation. The children say so specifically. It's a society on hold."

Marcus Sheff heads the Institute for Monitoring Peace and Cultural Tolerance in School Education, an organization that analyzes textbooks worldwide. His organization has devoted many years to researching textbooks in these schools and its reports repeatedly show how UNRWA's educational materials incite violence, glorify martyrs and suicide attacks, demonize Israel and promote antisemitism.

https://archive.ph/7x9vG

https://www.haaretz.com/middle-east-news/palestinians/2023-12-12/ty-article-magazine/.premium/how-unrwa-became-the-second-most-important-organization-in-gaza/0000018c-5deb-d798-adac-fdefaf450000

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Waiting? While more bombs are being dropped on Palestinian territory than in any war in history in the last 3 weeks alone? (previously linked)

Since October 7, Hamas and other terrorist organizations in the Gaza Strip have also continued to carry out constant attacks against Israeli civilians, including the indiscriminate firing of over 12,000 rockets and mortars at Israeli cities, towns and kibbutzim across the country

https://www.gov.il/en/departments/general/israel-hamas-conflict-2023-humanitarian-efforts

• Thanks 1

A post in which the quoted content had been altered contravening our Forum Rules has been removed:

28. You will not make changes to messages quoted from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. Do not shorten any post in a way that alters the context of the original post. Do not change the formatting of the post you are quoting.

Some other posts contravening our Community Standards have been removed. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Do you think any country could have tackled a terrorist enemy like Hamas with hundreds of miles of tunnels and a policy of using civilian shields without massive civilian casualties?

Hamas knew exactly what they were bringing on their own civilians on October 7.

They care less about their own civilians than Israel does.

It appears my interpretation then was somewhat correct.

Could be true what you say, but it could be interpreted as you using similar logic to Hamas, i.e. due to a past event or events actions against civilians as a means to an end are justified.

I can see from whence you are coming but please take time to consider the reality of the casualties and whether one can be so flippant, as to the issue of the justification of killings of third parties, that you can stop the discussion with the word 'Next'. 

• Sad 1