Student Visa

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys,

Is it possible to get a multiple entry student ED Visa? I do know that people wil get a single entry 90 day visa outside Thailand, if you requested at the immigration in Thailand for extension, will you be able to get a multi-entry visa upon request?

Yes, it is possible, but if you have a multiple entry visa you will have to do a visa run every 90 days, if on the other hand you wanted to stay here without leaving then a single entry if fine, with a proper paperwork you will be able to to extend your ED visa at the local immigration every 90 days. If during your period of stay you wanted to leave the country you will simply need to get a re-entry permit, a single one is 1,000 Baht.

If you do not plan to make a lot of trips then a single entry makes more sense as you will save yourself time and money.

Walen School, Mac

Oh, multi need a visa run every 90 days. gee. i didn't know that.

Guys,

Is it possible to get a multiple entry student ED Visa? I do know that people wil get a single entry 90 day visa outside Thailand, if you requested at the immigration in Thailand for extension, will you be able to get a multi-entry visa upon request?

Yes, it is possible, but if you have a multiple entry visa you will have to do a visa run every 90 days, if on the other hand you wanted to stay here without leaving then a single entry if fine, with a proper paperwork you will be able to to extend your ED visa at the local immigration every 90 days. If during your period of stay you wanted to leave the country you will simply need to get a re-entry permit, a single one is 1,000 Baht.

If you do not plan to make a lot of trips then a single entry makes more sense as you will save yourself time and money.

Walen School, Mac

Oh, multi need a visa run every 90 days. gee. i didn't know that.

Yes, that is correct, the only way to stay in the country without visa runs is to extend it here. In order to do that paperwork from the MoE is required, once an extension is made the multi entry becomes like a single entry, you will need a re-entry permit to keep the visa status. No way around it at present. So for those who do not want to make visa runs it makes more sense just to get a single entry ED as it is cheaper. Does it make sense?

Walen School, Mac