Lion in​ car​.. Pratumnak​ Soi​ 5

Olmate

A few years ago I drove past the architectual business on Thappraya Road heading to the Pratumnak light intersection when the authorities raided it, quite a big story at the time as the couple were fairly prominent.. They were keeping all sorts of exotic creatures in the showroom and cages out back. A couple of hours later I was watching TV in my condo, 4th floor, and movement caught my eye to the left of me on the balcony 10 foot away from the sofa. Looked left and here is this massive monkey/baboon on the railings looking straight at me, luckily all the sliding doors were shut. I'm sure the timing wasn't a coincidence if you know the forested area running at the back of that road down to Thepprasit.

On 12/15/2023 at 4:55 AM, Olmate said:

TIT but how is that possible?

It's possible with a bit of training, a lion is excellent to jump and can easily jump into the back seat of a convertible Maserati. The trick is to learn the lion that the back seat is the lion's safe place. You need to buy the convertible Maserati before the lion, otherwise the lion cannot learn that it's the back seat of the Maserati, which is the safe place. If you wish you learn more about lion-training, I'll recommend you to George Keller's book...:thumbsup:

image.png.35a438e591218b2cbabcea70a13c6a21.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PJ71 said:
4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I very much doubt that the lion was being raised in the passenger seat of the car.

do you know that for a fact?

If I did I wouldn't have posted "I very much doubt that...", I'd have posted "I know for a fact...".   

I take it (a presumption based on your comments, I don't know for a fact) that English cannot be your first language?

• Confused 1

On 12/15/2023 at 4:43 PM, mran66 said:

Living nearby, I'm hoping middle eastern odour is more appetizing and flesh more yummy for hungry lions than poor farang scent. 

Safe enough as long as you smell less appetizing than Ahmed

Lions don’t like the smell of curry B.O.  He may have been Indian, perhaps?

• Haha 1

On 12/15/2023 at 12:13 PM, Olmate said:

Seems the case, the car is seen often, driver middle eastern, clearly cashed up.Amazing site tho, hoping someone else on here spotted it.

If someone else spotted it, it would be a leopard

On 12/15/2023 at 4:52 PM, Liverpool Lou said:
On 12/15/2023 at 10:55 AM, Olmate said:

with a young lioness sitting in the passenger seat.It wason a leash but sitting quite calmly. Caused quite a stir amongst onlookers. TIT but how is that possible? 

It's possible because it's legal with authorisation.

Example of Thai exotic pet authorization paperwork.

exotic_pet-authorization.thumb.jpg.ecf7a96395e45618b9ecbdfaf243c722.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

It was a Bentley. Badge is utterly distinct in the link above and  a FB vid I can't find now.

Lions are always potentially dangerous becomes some reactions are "straight through processing". That is why somebody gets mauled by their Lion after multi year relationship - they triggered the and the Lion had done it before it realised it had.

Edited by mokwit

I saw the same (?) cream color w red top Volkwag... sorry, Bentley, parked on Dongtan beach close to beachball court where hot Russians play in mini-mini bikinis.

Later at night same car was cruising Pratamnak up and down w 2 hot blond young chicks dancing on the back seat. The driver, a black guy straight from QC magazine,  was filming and driving at same time.

They had fun! Like straight from Hollywood Boulevard.

13 hours ago, GypsyT said:

I saw the same (?) cream color w red top Volkwag... sorry, Bentley, parked on Dongtan beach close to beachball court where hot Russians play in mini-mini bikinis.

Later at night same car was cruising Pratamnak up and down w 2 hot blond young chicks dancing on the back seat. The driver, a black guy straight from QC magazine,  was filming and driving at same time.

They had fun! Like straight from Hollywood Boulevard.

News report today says the guy is Sri Lankan and he left the country 2 days before the authorities visited to check everything out at the residence yesterday.

18 hours ago, kinyara said:

News report today says the guy is Sri Lankan and he left the country 2 days before the authorities visited to check everything out at the residence yesterday.

Interesting..... who was the owner of the Bentley, or can such a car be hired?

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Interesting..... who was the owner of the Bentley, or can such a car be hired?

No idea, but it has passed me a few times in the Pratumnak/Dongtan area and I'm sure there have been different people driving it, it's one you tend to notice.

1 hour ago, kinyara said:

No idea, but it has passed me a few times in the Pratumnak/Dongtan area and I'm sure there have been different people driving it, it's one you tend to notice.

Apparently its a rental from Phuket.

On 1/26/2024 at 12:30 PM, kinyara said:

Last time I saw a tiger was at the Sydney Taronga zoo.....it was ...Red nose day , I wonder if they still have Red nose day haven't heard of it for years 😂

Edited by georgegeorgia

4 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Last time I saw a tiger was at the Sydney Taronga zoo.....it was ...Red nose day , I wonder if they still have Red nose day haven't heard of it for years 😂

Monday mornings every week on soi Buakhao!

• Haha 2