Lion in​ car​.. Pratumnak​ Soi​ 5

Olmate

17 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

When your white Maserati convertible isn't getting you enough attention it's time to step up your game.

Seems the case, the car is seen often, driver middle eastern, clearly cashed up.Amazing site tho, hoping someone else on here spotted it.

Some years back there was a story (also in Pattaya, I think) about someone's neighbor having tigers in the garden next door.

Tiger owner turned out to be some foreigner/thai or a foreigner with thai citizenship - and actually had a permit to hold them, based on some ancient right one of his ancestors got. There was some royal family connection there, through service or something more even.

Was at first defiant, but public opinion wasn't favorable. Don't recall how things were settled, of if.

Maybe same guy or something similar.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Mike Lister said:
11 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

It's possible because it's legal with authorisation.

Authorisation from whom?

I don't know specifically but...

"It is possible to keep a white lion as a pet in Thailand, but the owner must obtain the necessary permits for ownership, Dr. Pairot said, adding a lion should also be raised in a restricted area to prevent it from causing harm to people".

https://thepattayanews.com/2023/03/02/chinese-neighbor-alarms-pattaya-residents-with-his-pet-white-lion/#:~:text=It is possible to keep,from causing harm to people.

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Well earlier this year in March a Chinese guy bought a white lion cub and allowed it to roam around his garden on my gated community. This was widely reported in the media including the Pattaya News and Asean Now. We went back to thr UK in May and when we returned it was gone. Maybe the same one.

https://thepattayanews.com/2023/03/02/chinese-neighbor-alarms-pattaya-residents-with-his-pet-white-lion/

5 minutes ago, jimn said:

Well earlier this year in March a Chinese guy bought a white lion cub and allowed it to roam around his garden on my gated community. This was widely reported in the media including the Pattaya News and Asean Now. We went back to thr UK in May and when we returned it was gone. Maybe the same one.

https://thepattayanews.com/2023/03/02/chinese-neighbor-alarms-pattaya-residents-with-his-pet-white-lion/

Could be, this one looked much bigger, german shepherd size maybe.How quik does a lion grow? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, digbeth said:

saw it, was actually a bentley or maybe the guy has multiple cars, same cat in the front seat

you can get licence to keep the animals in Thailand, 

if you're rich enough you can make your house a 'zoo' and keep whatever 

Ahh finally, thanks, maybe a bently I saw, will check, I see it often. Talking to neighbour just now she sees  a couple possibly Chinese walking the lion most nites around midnite near soi5 fresh market, TIT amazes😄

27 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Ahh finally, thanks, maybe a bently I saw, will check, I see it often. Talking to neighbour just now she sees  a couple possibly Chinese walking the lion most nites around midnite near soi5 fresh market, TIT amazes😄

yeah it's a bentley, saw the guy actually jogging up Soi 5 yesterday arvo - was 1/2 expecting to see the lion chasing him - lol

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, BenStark said:
19 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Dr. Pairot said, adding a lion should also be raised in a restricted area to prevent it from causing harm to people".

I very much doubt that the passenger seat of a convertible car is considered a restricted area

I very much doubt that the lion was being raised in the passenger seat of the car.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

27 minutes ago, PJ71 said:
38 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I very much doubt that the lion was being raised in the passenger seat of the car.

do you know that for a fact?

I didn't say that I knew that he was doing something as patently ridiculous as raising a lion in the passenger seat of a car as a fact, did I?   Having said that, I think it probably is a fact that he isn't doing that, in fact I'd go as far as to say that it is a fact but you can prove me wrong if you like and I'll take it back, just for you.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2