Ayutthaya: selfie sessions in classical dress, where?

henrik2000

Hello, Thai people told me that now many Thais flock to Ayutthaya to shoot selfies and videos of themselves in classical garb in front of certain temples or palaces, obviously inspired by a TV series (“lakorn”?). 

Would you know where these selfie sessions take place and if there are certain timings? I'll be there as of this Saturday afternoon for some days.

• Haha 1

On 12/16/2023 at 9:22 AM, henrik2000 said:

Hello, Thai people told me that now many Thais flock to Ayutthaya to shoot selfies and videos of themselves in classical garb in front of certain temples or palaces, obviously inspired by a TV series (“lakorn”?). 

Would you know where these selfie sessions take place and if there are certain timings? I'll be there as of this Saturday afternoon for some days.

Will you bring a truck with a water gun or what is on your mind?

WaWe-9-water-cannon-009.jpg?width=465&dp

• Confused 2

Hi, thanks again, I was there atWat Chaiwatthanaram. If anything, the costume and selfie frenzy is fiercer than described in the linked article.

For a while I wondered whether the Thais enjoy creating their own domestic tourist Disneyland - what with talad boran galore, flower garlands half out of plastic (even from highway junction vendors), vintage phones and bicycles standing around at random, and now this posing in traditional costumes which gels nicely with the selfieing in obsession. Aware that even years ago they took photos in traditional costumes at the photo studio, but maybe not openly in the historic temple.