Recommended driving school?

HauptmannUK

25 minutes ago, Henryford said:

My tgf used one on Thepprasit road, about 100 yards up on the left from Thappraya. They had their own car, a Jazz, but mainly just taught enough to pass the test. If you want real driving lessons maybe have to look elsewhere.

Thanks.  The idea is that she'd be able to drive if I was incapacitated for some reason. I'd like her to learn properly and be safe.

• Like 1

We used Advance Pattaya Driving School on Sukhumvit next to Bangkok Pattaya hospital. 

As Henryford wrote: they "only" help get the drivers license, after that, it's up to you to take her out driving for practice. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Swiss1960 said:

We used Advance Pattaya Driving School on Sukhumvit next to Bangkok Pattaya hospital. 

As Henryford wrote: they "only" help get the drivers license, after that, it's up to you to take her out driving for practice. 

Ok thanks.  Just looked on Google and it seems to have decent reviews.  We'll pay them a visit.

4 hours ago, HauptmannUK said:

Can anyone recommend a driving school for my (Thai) wife, located Pattaya/Jomtien please? I'd prefer one where a school car is provided, rather than using our car.

The plan is good. Better wreck the school car than your own. Unfortunately you said located in Pattaya. If not, my answer would have been any school but a Thai one. 

I assume she already can drive like a Thai, as she will learn nothing in the school. However, she will get a license that let´s her drive.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

I assume she already can drive like a Thai, as she will learn nothing in the school. However, she will get a license that let´s her drive.

She is pretty good on a motorbike and has owned a 'big bike' up in Udon. She's 'had a go' at driving on quiet roads and wasn't too bad, to be fair. She's never had any kind of licence for anything......

Last year her sister bought a brand new DMax. Failed the driving test twice and then paid ฿2000 for a licence!

On 12/17/2023 at 7:02 AM, HauptmannUK said:

Can anyone recommend a driving school for my (Thai) wife, located Pattaya/Jomtien please? I'd prefer one where a school car is provided, rather than using our car.

I can only recommend one in Chanthaburi (advance driving school) Their cars duel control spread over 3 days not consecutive 20hrs tuition, they even take them out on the roads not just their circuit, (their circuits even has a roundabout)  they take them for the medical, and when they have passed their test, to the LT Office to collect their license. I couldn't belief how good they were, around 5-6k. My wife passed the computer test questions first time, I was a bit sus and said did they help you "No" (they are given booklets to swat up to take home) I asked what happens if you fail a part of the test. Keep doing it till you get it right, what if you fail say the questions all day? "Go back tomorrow" . Then there is a dedicated day to take the test.  They even took us and showed us to a cheap motel near by. 👍🏻

On 12/17/2023 at 7:42 AM, Henryford said:

My tgf used one on Thepprasit road, about 100 yards up on the left from Thappraya. They had their own car, a Jazz, but mainly just taught enough to pass the test. If you want real driving lessons maybe have to look elsewhere.

Can not find it on google maps.  I will try driving up the road to find it.

Could you please elaborate if the instructor was male or female?

Would prefer my 18 year old step-daughter to be with a female.

On 12/17/2023 at 7:49 AM, Swiss1960 said: