visa agents for 12 +3 visas (15 month visas)

cubism001

Confusing post as there is no such thing as a 15-month visa anywhere in Thailand.

If what you're looking for is conversion to a Non-O followed by a 12-month extension during the last 45 days of the Non-O, that's possible by any visa agent (or by yourself) so long as you meet the requirements.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

When I renewed my Non-O Retirement Visa in Oct 2021 with an agent in Pattaya for the first time, I got 3 months + 12 months to a February renewal date.

As for the whys and wherefores of this - don't ask me. I'm just reporting what happened, (I was duly grateful for a 3 month bonus !).

Cubism - try this one I noticed https://www.starvisaservice.com/ but if you Google it there's more. Good luck . . . .

Looking at my 11 year old passport stamps, my FIRST ""Retirement Visa'" was valid 7th Feb 2014 to 6th May 2015 ( 15 months ), after the "original stamp" my 'extension of stay'" ( commonly called a retirement visa '" )  are one year ( 12 months ).

31 minutes ago, Hakuna Matata said:

Why do you need visa agents? They are sharks. Many of them are criminals as well. I hate them.

Obviously he ain't got the 800,000 baht Bank requirements. And probably no medical insurance either. There's 1000s of the no hope freeloaders 

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

Maneerat Soi 13/2 (Opposite the post office) - I believe it's around 25K depending on whether you already have your own Bangkok Bank Account.

For anybody commenting that there's no such thing as a 15 month visa, the OP is asking about doing the initial conversion to a Single Entry 3 month Non-O visa + the 1st year extension. 

He will walk away with 15 months permission to stay.

Pretty sure the OP was asking about visa agents in CM.....hence his phrasing of the question "any agents up here" and his posting of the question in the CM sub-forum.

Just now, TheAppletons said:

Pretty sure the OP was asking about visa agents in CM.....hence his phrasing of the question "any agents up here" and his posting of the question in the CM sub-forum.

Sorry we posted at the same time, I realised he was looking in CM so deleted my post :)  

1 hour ago, Dazinoz said:

"Obviously"? How do you know obviously?

I have always met requirements but still use an agent because I choose to as I hate dealing with beaucracy. My perogative. Every one has the right to do what they want  but you don't have to right to call anyone a freeloader if you don't know the facts. Maybe I could call you a "Cheap Charlie" but I wont because I don't know you.

To give an example I use an agent and we went to old Chiang Mai immigration years ago. We went 3pm. Sat next to a guy who told me he had been there since 5:30am to get on queue. Told him I use an agent. He told me never waste money on them. 15 minutes later I was walking out with what I needed. I just said to him sometimes worth paying.

So according to your reckoning i Would be one of the 1000s of the no hope freeloaders. Well I assure you I am not.

This is just one of those "why don't you follow the rules, as all of us others have to do" posts. 

First of all, using agents are completely legal. You'll get a real stamp, from a real immigration officer and office.

If anyone has doubts or any reasons not to put 800k in a Thai bank, and wants to pay 20-30k to get it all done, completely hassle free, then why not. It's up to each and one of us which way suits our situation.

I doubt those who use agents are spending any less money in Thailand, than these posters, or those with 800k in a Thai bank. 

I also know people with the required amount in the bank, but still use an agent for the hassle free extensions.

To each their own.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Toby1947 said:

Obviously he ain't got the 800,000 baht Bank requirements. And probably no medical insurance either. There's 1000s of the no hope freeloaders 

Since when has medical insurance been a requirement for a 12 month extension based on retirement, ?    that's news to me

20 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Since when has medical insurance been a requirement for a 12 month extension based on retirement, ?    that's news to me

It is required IF and only if, the original visa was O-A. Not if it was non-O.

11 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

It is required IF and only if, the original visa was O-A. Not if it was non-O.

Ah yes,  of course,  I had forgotten all about that visa and its requirements,  best avoided in my opinion

Thanks for the confirmation