TM6 and all that Jazz.

On 12/17/2023 at 4:26 PM, trainman34014 said:

in complete contrast to their Peers in other Countries, who are always Courtious and welcoming wherever we go.

Have you not been to Australia then? They are the rudest bunch of immigration, I have ever met on my world travels PERTH being the worst. I was dragged out of my wheelchair while recovering from a broken pelvis, through the metal detector, while I was not supposed to put weight on my legs. Boarder Force, FORCE being the operative word A-Holes

• Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Well; there was me thinking the TM6 was a dead duck as haven't filled one in when arriving by Air for at least 3 or 4 years.   Last week we went down to Malaysia via the Land Border South of Hat Yai; had my usual Re-Entry Permit, stamped out and away.    Coming back the same way some days later was a different story however.   Got to the Border Immigration Point; long queues at only two open Kiosks, so 35 minute wait and on reaching the window i get my Passport thrown back at me by an Irate Officer yelling ''Where's your entry form ? ''  Not knowing at that point i needed a TM 6 at a Land Crossing point i was a little confused and asked ''What Form ? ''.  The Guy then had a mini fit throwing papers around and vanished from the other side of the window without saying anything, so i just waited and apologised to the Muslim people behind me in the queue for holding them up, as they had been waiting just as long as me and the queue was getting longer every minute.  After about 4 minutes the IO appeared carrying a Sweet Water Drink in one hand and a TM 6 in the other, the latter being thrown at me through the window without comment, so i duly moved to one side and filled it in and upon completion i was summoned by the people who had been behind me to return to the window, which was very nice of them considering none of it was their fault.  Another 5 minutes passed and all done and once again my Passport was thrown at me, at least this time with an entry stamp !

Returning same evening to Chiang Mai; next morning it was TM30 time at CM Immigration, which seems to become more arduous with every visit, this time it took the Mrs nearly 90 minutes to get the job done.   The way things are going with all these dumb rules for us i am considering never leaving the Country again and restricting any trips to Domestic Locations only.

As for the attitude of Thai IO's; things have never changed much, they are as arrogant as anyone could ever be in complete contrast to their Peers in other Countries, who are always Courtious and welcoming wherever we go.

So; the TM6 is not a dead duck after all and in relating this story to other Expat friends i have not found anyone who knew it was still needed at Land Border Crossings.

'Peers in in other countries who are always courtious and welcoming'...really ?

Well; there was me thinking the TM6 was a dead duck as haven't filled one in when arriving by Air for at least 3 or 4 years.   Last week we went down to Malaysia via the Land Border South of Hat Yai; had my usual Re-Entry Permit, stamped out and away.    Coming back the same way some days later was a different story however.   Got to the Border Immigration Point; long queues at only two open Kiosks, so 35 minute wait and on reaching the window i get my Passport thrown back at me by an Irate Officer yelling ''Where's your entry form ? ''  Not knowing at that point i needed a TM 6 at a Land Crossing point i was a little confused and asked ''What Form ? ''.  The Guy then had a mini fit throwing papers around and vanished from the other side of the window without saying anything, so i just waited and apologised to the Muslim people behind me in the queue for holding them up, as they had been waiting just as long as me and the queue was getting longer every minute.  After about 4 minutes the IO appeared carrying a Sweet Water Drink in one hand and a TM 6 in the other, the latter being thrown at me through the window without comment, so i duly moved to one side and filled it in and upon completion i was summoned by the people who had been behind me to return to the window, which was very nice of them considering none of it was their fault.  Another 5 minutes passed and all done and once again my Passport was thrown at me, at least this time with an entry stamp !

Returning same evening to Chiang Mai; next morning it was TM30 time at CM Immigration, which seems to become more arduous with every visit, this time it took the Mrs nearly 90 minutes to get the job done.   The way things are going with all these dumb rules for us i am considering never leaving the Country again and restricting any trips to Domestic Locations only.

As for the attitude of Thai IO's; things have never changed much, they are as arrogant as anyone could ever be in complete contrast to their Peers in other Countries, who are always Courtious and welcoming wherever we go.

So; the TM6 is not a dead duck after all and in relating this story to other Expat friends i have not found anyone who knew it was still needed at Land Border Crossings.

too much red cordial

On 12/15/2023 at 5:47 PM, freeworld said:

On 12/17/2023 at 2:56 PM, trainman34014 said:

You've never been to the US, then where Immigration is legendarily unpleasant....or Sri Lanka. We arrived in Colombo yesterday, SL Airways cabin crew didn't hand put any landing cards like they used to and there were no signs in the airport mentioning them.but yes, you still need to fill one in. 

The queues, as a result, were interminable as each foreign visitor got to the front of the queue, was shouted at and sent off to fill one in. 

• Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, Drumbuie said:

You've never been to the US, then where Immigration is legendarily unpleasant....or Sri Lanka. We arrived in Colombo yesterday, SL Airways cabin crew didn't hand put any landing cards like they used to and there were no signs in the airport mentioning them.but yes, you still need to fill one in. 

The queues, as a result, were interminable as each foreign visitor got to the front of the queue, was shouted at and sent off to fill one in. 

I had the best and the worst experience in Boston, MA. Once my wife and I arrived and presented our Swiss passports. The Immigration Officer said: "Oh, two Swiss Citizens; have you been here before?". We answered with "yes", and the I/O replied: "In this case - welcome back!". 30 seconds, and we were in. You can imagine how the other experience was.....

• Like 2

6 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Have you not been to Australia then? They are the rudest bunch of immigration, I have ever met on my world travels PERTH being the worst. I was dragged out of my wheelchair while recovering from a broken pelvis, through the metal detector, while I was not supposed to put weight on my legs. Boarder Force, FORCE being the operative word A-Holes

A bad experience for you Mate.   We've been down several times and never had a problem.

5 hours ago, Drumbuie said:

Not stopped off in Sri Lanka as yet but not had any problems with US, just long queue's !

17 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

A bad experience for you Mate.   We've been down several times and never had a problem.

That was only one experience;  others as follow; entering on an OZ PP different occasions,  "You have lollys?"  "Why you have only small bag?... "You put you have drugs!'' me "there is no box to tick for medication" I had a lot of pain killers (for the broken pelvis),... Why you have Big bag? .. leaving; "YOU SAID NO COMMPUTOR!" 

" I don't its a DVD Player" May the FORCE go F themselves . Hopefully I will never have to return, I would rather live back in the UK anytime.

On 12/19/2023 at 7:50 AM, Henryford said:

I've had my TM6 in my passport for about 7 years. It is gradually falling apart with age.

Had mine since AUG 2016 so same same, on filling out the never ending marriage extn papers

yesterday, I was stumped when it said how did you arrive? I was tempted to put my Car :giggle:, in the end I just put N/A not applicable. Ho Hum. As I said that was yesterday and to my surprise I  just got a call from them 10min ago saying they are coming TODAY ! at 5pm. 😱

21 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Had mine since AUG 2016 so same same, on filling out the never ending marriage extn papers

yesterday, I was stumped when it said how did you arrive? I was tempted to put my Car :giggle:, in the end I just put N/A not applicable. Ho Hum. As I said that was yesterday and to my surprise I  just got a call from them 10min ago saying they are coming TODAY ! at 5pm. 😱

Yes i've flown in and out since then so the answer to the  "when did you arrive" question does not match my TM6, so why have it?

• Agree 1